March 2015 Table of Contents
35th Anniversary: Know Your History
As part of Tech&Learning’s 35th anniversary celebration, we look back at those people who have made today’s advancements possible.
● Meet the Influencers
● In the 1980s, it was all about the software
● The Day I Got Pearson Du Bois
Time to try tablets
In our effort to prepare our students for the increasingly mobile world they already inhabit, tablets may be the best choice of hardware purchase. These schools explain which devices they chose and why.
Can Social Media Impact Learning?
By Lisa Gonzales and Charles Young
This article presents just some of the ways social media can be used to create high levels of engagement, explore the possibilities of collaborative learning environments, and enjoy the measurably positive effects on the teaching and learning process.
Reading Assessment Programs
By Shannon Mersand
This guide presents some of the top reading assessment programs available and compares their features.
Coding, Making, 3D Printing, and Learning
By John Umekubo
St. Matthew’s Parish School in Pacific Palisades, CA, has created what they believe to be the necessary environment to foster creativity.
Put to the Test: T&L Editors take some new
products for a test drive.
● Defined STEM
● Mobile Edge Rev360
Rotating Case for iPad
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
Editor’s Note: Future present
● Top10 Web Stories
● BLOG BITS
● TOP TWEETS
● Discovery Education and 3M Search for America’s Top Young Scientist
● Site We Like
● T&L Reader survey What is the best social media tool for your PLN?
● Do’s and Don’ts of E-Rate Funding
● Report Provides Insights into School Web Navigation
● K-12 Decision-Makers Predict Massive Growth in EBooks
● Get Moving
● Apps of the day From techlearning.com
● The Best of Bett 2015