Tech Forum Live Online
0 comment(s) so far...
February 28, 2012 By:
Tune in this week, Friday, March 2nd to Tech Forum Live Online
, Tech & Learning's live broadcast stream direct from Tech Forum Atlanta
. Join this preeminent group of education leaders as they tackle some of the most pressing, and promising, issues for today's schools. Watch up to three sessions as they happen and even participate with a live chat session.
The schedule includes: Going Google
- 9:45-11:00 am
- Presenters: Connie White, Julia Osteen, and Max Monroe
- Got Google Apps for Education? Google Tools? Having trouble keeping up with what's new and how to use the many free options available to you? Three Google-using educators will share their favorite apps and tools, along with student project ideas, teacher and administrator productivity tips, and thoughts about adopting Google Apps school- or district-wide.
(roundtable discussion) - 1:20-2:10 pm
Moving Beyond Textbooks
- Join T&L editorial director, Kevin Hogan, and a team of innovative educators for a discussion on the potential role of social media in education. Does it have a place in the classroom?
- 2:15-3:30 pm
- Presenters: Bailey Mitchell and Lissa Pijanowski; Wendy Grey, Donita Hinckley, and Renee Padgett
- Are print textbooks a thing of the past? Will they be replaced by eTextbooks or digital content of a totally different nature? You will hear about a state-funded eTextbook initiative, a partnership with a textbook company, and several trailblazing districts' efforts to move beyond traditional textbooks and embrace 21st century learning tools.
Visit this link
during those times, tune in and participate. You can submit questions to the presenters using the Livestream chat feature or by tweeting: #TLTF12. It's the next best thing to being there!