ISTE 2012 NEWS: Archipelago Learning Previews EdIslands Study Island Interface
0 comment(s) so far...
June 28, 2012 By:
Archipelago Learning, a PLATO Learning company, previewed EdIslands Portal and a new user interface for Study Island at the International Society for Technology Education (ISTE) 2012 in San Diego.
The new Study Island user interface offers simplified navigation, more streamlined reporting, and intuitive icons.
The EdIslands Portal is a new site offering schools single sign-on access to Archipelago Learning’s full suite of subscription-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) products. As a product hub, the EdIslands Portal will give educators and students quick access to their purchased products, including:
- Study Island, a K-12 instruction, practice and learning program built from individual state and Common Core standards;
- EducationCity, a Pre-K-6th grade teaching and learning resource mapped to individual state standards;
- Reading Eggs, a comprehensive supplemental literacy program for early learners in PreK-2nd grade;
- Reading Eggspress, an advanced supplemental literacy program for 2nd-6th graders;
- ESL ReadingSmart, a learning environment designed to accelerate English language development for English language learners in grades 4-12; and
- ESL ReadingMate, an individualized reading intervention program that prepares students in grades 4-12 to read at grade level.
EdIslands Portal will allow school and district program administrators to import students through a single point of entry for all of their Archipelago products. Both the EdIslands Portal and new Study Island user interface will be available later this fall.