Free classroom subscriptions for safe collaborative site
1 comment(s) so far...
March 30, 2012 By:
Pen Pal Kids Club (www.PenPalKidsClub.com
) is offering teachers free subscriptions for use in K through 8th grade classrooms across the United States. Developed for both school and at-home use, the website provides different levels of challenge for children aged four to 14, allowing kids to share, explore and play with global pen pals in a secure environment.
Key features include:
- Writing and receiving digital postcards from children around the globe, while learning about their new friends' lifestyles, locales, dreams and aspirations. To ensure privacy, students will create and communicate via a classroom (group) avatar, building relationships with Pen Pals anywhere in the world.
- Postcards are automatically translated into seven different languages - English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian and German.
- Educational games founded in subject matter relating to world history, language, social studies, economics, geography and government.
- Direct online access to Encyclopædia Britannica for Kids’ library of information, filtered to be appropriate for children.
- A safe, advertiser-free online environment that offers built-in parental/educator controls.
To register for the free classroom subscription, or for further details, visit www.penpalkidsclub.com