29 Ways to Use the Only iPad in the Classroom
0 comment(s) so far...
December 18, 2012 By: Guest Blogger Michele Vance
How would you use ONE iPad in the classroom? Below are a few ideas to get you started.
Michelle Vance is the District Technology Director of Ontario Local Schools in Ontario, Ohio.
- Connect the iPad to a projector for whole group learning using various educational apps.
- Use with an individual student who needs extra practice in math and reading skills.
- Create a class video with the entire class being involved.
- Use the Maps App – Instant field trips!
- Use as a free center that students can choose what to do.
- Play the audio books with entire class.
- Download free books to share in small group sessions.
- Play alphabet and sight word games.
- Use the camera! Create different pictures and create a writing assignment using the pictures.
- Make a bulletin board with camera pictures!
- Use teacher apps to track student behavior.
- Add links to favorite websites for quick access.
- Studying a country? Use the Maps App to look at the location and area.
- Use the iPad for research.
- Use as remediation for high/low students.
- Use the Earth and Moon app for classroom lessons.
- Share student presentations created from another source.
- Use the NASA, National Geographic, and various zoo apps for classroom lessons.
- Build math skills with interactive math games.
- Practice test questions for upcoming exams.
- Play a trivia game with the entire game!
- Show classroom photos from a field trip or another event during Open House.
- FaceTime with another classroom in your building or another state!
- Use the calendar to add classroom events. Place calendar image on large screen each morning.
- Use it to demonstrate how to use an iPad. (Turn on & off, close apps, shutdown, and so forth)
- Use it to type a list of iPad procedures for your classroom. Create the list with your entire class.
- Show a photo and have the kids write a sentence or paragraph about it.
- Use the iPad to demonstrate "How to."
- Use it to demonstrate the Photo options: enhance, crop, remove red eye, and create a slide show.