Literacy app released for iPad
0 comment(s) so far...
March 14, 2013 By:
Texthelp Inc. today announced the release of iReadWrite for the iPad. iReadWrite is a reading and writing app for struggling readers and writers of all ages, especially those with dyslexia, dysgraphia, or other learning difficulties. Support features include text-to-speech with dual color highlighting, word prediction, phonetic spell checker, dictionary, and picture dictionary. iReadWrite runs directly on the iPad with no need for Wi-Fi or 3G access.
iReadWrite Features include:
- Text-to-Speech - Reads text aloud with dual-color highlighting.
- Phonetic Spell Checker - Identifies spelling mistakes, including phonetic and flexible spelling errors, using context to provide even better suggestions.
- Similar Sounding and Confusable Word Checker – Identifies words that sound the same as well as words that are easily confused along with alternate choices and definitions.
- Word Prediction - Completes the word being typed and suggests the next word to use using context and the phonetic spell checker to help provide the most appropriate suggestions.
- Text and Picture Dictionary - Provides text definitions as well as images for selected words to help expand vocabulary and improve comprehension.
iReadWrite is available now on iTunes at an introductory price of $19.99. For more information, call 888-248-0652, email email@example.com, or visit www.texthelp.com.