Top Ten Social Networks for Education by David Kapuler
9 comment(s) so far...
August 31, 2010 By: Tech Learning Blog Staff
I'm a huge advocate of Web 2.0 in general, and social networking in
particular. Here are my favorite networks for education that targets
- Far and away one of the most popular social networks around. This
micro-tweeting platform is used worldwide and especially in education
(search hash tags, edchat or edtech).
2. Classroom 2.0
- Created by Steve Hargadon and used by thousands of educators on a
daily basis. This site alone changed the way I viewed education and
ignited my passion for Web 2.0.
3. Facebook -nuff said!!
4. Plurk - A social network similar to Twitter with a timeline view and fun karma-based platform.
5. Educator's PLN
- Built by Thomas Whitby, this social network is one of the fastest
growing around and some of the top technology based innovators can be
6. Learn Central - Sponsored by elluminate, Learn Central is an ideal place for educators to host or learn through its virtual conferences.
7. ISTE Community - International Society for Technology & Education is a great place for educators to collaborate on technology issues.
8. Edutopia - A very popular organization created by the George Lucas foundation.
9. Collaborative Translation - Created by well renowned educator James O'Reilly, CT is a great place to learn and share innovative ideas.
- Integrating Technology 4 Active Life-Long Learners is a nice place
for educators to share best practices for technology integration.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.