3 great reasons to use Twitter in your school
0 comment(s) so far...
July 29, 2013 By: Lisa Nielsen
Here's a simple Prezi that provides three great reasons to use Twitter in your school.
1. Free text alerts to parents
- Create a Twitter account for your school and have parents follow it on their phones for instant updates and alerts.
2. Instant news ticker to celebrate success
- A Tweeting principal can be a success catcher and share what he finds in school via Tweets that auto populate to the school website. Teachers and students deserve to be noticed and celebrated. This is one free and easy way to do that.
3. Twitter education chats
- Chat with others about important education issues using appropriate hashtags. Great way to learn and connect with ed leaders and those who share your passions.
For more information, check out this presentation which also features videos to give further insights.
Lisa Nielsen writes for and speaks to audiences across the globe about learning innovatively and is frequently covered by local and national media for her views on “Passion (not data) Driven Learning,” "Thinking Outside the Ban" to harness the power of technology for learning, and using the power of social media to provide a voice to educators and students. Ms. Nielsen has worked for more than a decade in various capacities to support learning in real and innovative ways that will prepare students for success. In addition to her award-winning blog, The Innovative Educator, Ms. Nielsen’s writing is featured in places such as Huffington Post, Tech & Learning, ISTE Connects, ASCD Wholechild, MindShift, Leading & Learning, The Unplugged Mom, and is the author the book Teaching Generation Text. Disclaimer: The information shared here is strictly that of the author and does not reflect the opinions or endorsement of her employer.