Class Tech Tips: 7 World Cup iPad Activities
0 comment(s) so far...
July 6, 2014 By: Guest blogger Monica Burns
Giving students access to high-interest topics is a great way to engage them across the content areas. If your school is in session during this year’s World Cup or you want to revisit an exciting summer event when your students arrive in September, check out the official 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil app for the iPad. Here are a few ideas of Common Core-related activities that can be tailored to different grade levels using the informational text and statistics within this app.
- Summarize an article
- Point out nonfiction text features
- Determine the frequency of goals scored per game
- Pick out the main idea of each paragraph
- Create a graph showing each team’s performance
- Identify domain-specific vocabulary words
- Use two different articles to gather information on a day’s events
Share some ways that you could use this app with your students!
Try using baseball stats in your classroom too!
cross posted at classtechtips.com
Monica Burns is a fifth grade teacher in a 1:1 iPad classroom. Visit her website at classtechtips.com for creative education technology tips and technology lesson plans aligned to the Common Core Standards.