The Adobe Foundation today announced it is committing one million dollars to establish the Adobe Foundation Creativity Scholarships, a new global initiative. Offered to high-school seniors who participate in the Adobe Youth Voices program, the scholarship will help them continue their education, pursue creative careers and find ways to improve their communities.
Students from the Adobe Youth Voices (AYV
) network, which includes more than 800 sites in 52 countries, will be eligible to apply for the scholarships. AYV is Adobe’s global philanthropy initiative focused on teaching youth from underserved communities creative self-expression and global citizenship. The first scholarship application cycle is expected to begin in spring 2013, with awards distributed for the start of the academic year beginning in fall 2013.
In related news, Adobe Systems Incorporated has announced Adobe® Creative Cloud™, a subscription-based offering which will provide a hub for making, sharing and delivering creative work and it is centered around a release of Adobe Creative Suite® 6 software.
- Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download and install every new Adobe CS6 application announced today and two new HTML5 products, Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge preview.
- Integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications, such as Photoshop Touch, into everyday work - synchronizing and storing files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
- Delivers mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
- Access application upgrades, including new CS point-product features, before they are launched as part of major CS updates.
- Membership is US$49.99 per month, with an annual contract. A special introductory offer of US$29.99 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.