15 Sites for Learning How to Program or Code
7/13/2012 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
15 Sites for Learning how to Program or Code
- Alice Storytelling - A free Windows app that is ideal for Digital Storytelling. This app teaches students how to program by drag-n-dropping actions/blocks into sequential order.
- C Programming - Want to learn C and C++ programming, this is the place to start.
- ClassTools.net - A site that allows teachers to create games, quizzes, activities, and more through the use of templates. The finished product can then be embedded into a site or blog.
- Code Academy - A nice free site that allows users to learn to code for creating websites, games, apps, etc. This is done in step by step instructions and a user can track their progress.
- Gamestar Mechanic - A fun site for students to learn how to make games.
- Google Blockly - Is a visual program editor that reminds me a lot of Alice Storytelling and Scratch, in that a user arranges blocks of code to create an action.
- MIT App Inventor - A wonderful site filled w/ educational resources from the creators of Scratch. This site teaches users how to create mobile mobile apps.
- Playfic - A unique site that teaches programming through the use of Digital Storytelling by text based games.
- Programr - A nice site for learning a variety of programming languages over the web.
- Scratch - One of the most popular sites for students to learn how to program through the creation of interactive games.
- Stencyl - A great site for making iOS and flashed based games by putting blocks together (ie, Scratch).
- What2Learn - A nice site for educational games as well as creating your own.
- YoYo Games - A great company w/ apps for Mac and Win to make games.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years
of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information
about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.
Texas’ Corpus Christi Independent School District (CCISD) and Di...
Insight will use the funding to support networked improvement communit...
New PowerLite Models Provide Versatile, High-Quality Display Tech...
October 17, 2017 – Blaine, Minn. – Infinite Campus, the mo...
Learning to drive is an exciting time for a teen. But facts have shown...
The new, enhanced version of the Reading Assistant digital guided read...
A new study shows that Texas school districts that used the STEMscopes...
Use New ISTE Resources to Explore What It Means to be a Good Citizen i...
LUBBOCK, Texas (Oct. 16, 2017) – There is no one better equipped...
New book from ISTE focuses on Digital Citizenship.