Discovery Education Free Virtual Conference is Oct 20th. Register now.
8/31/2012 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
Discovery Education is once again hosting a fall, online, free virtual conference for educators. These are great events and a great way to get some free PD and resources.
October 20th, 2012. 9am-4pm ET
I’m sure at this point you’re wondering what the BIG changes are. Let me break it down for you.
- More LIVE: Every session will be live-streamed. This means that you’ll see full video feeds of every presenter throughout the day!
- More keynotes: We’ve added one more keynote to the agenda. Keynotes will be at 9am, 12pm and 3pm ET.
- More sessions: Each concurrent slot (10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm ET) will have up to 5 sessions being broadcast for you to pick and choose between.
- More Face 2 Face events: As of today, we already have 14 F2F events to choose from, with more coming! Even better, we’ve made it easier than ever for ANYBODY to host their own F2F event. You put it together, large or small, and DiscoveryEd will provide lunch for your attendees!
- More presenters: We want YOU to present at the Fall VirtCon LIVE! The Call for Proposals is open now,visit the conference page to learn how to submit.
- More ways to get involved: Attend online, attend F2F, present a session, host an event, share the event with colleagues… Whatever your comfort level, there are a slew of ways for you to join in the fun!
Fourteen Face 2 Face events already, up to 23 sessions to attend, and every single session LIVE streamed out… This is looking to be the best Virtual Conference yet!!
And what’s the cost for this incredible day?? FREE. And as I mentioned, if you choose to host a F2F event, we’ll even spring for lunch!
As always, while costumes aren’t required, they are certainly encouraged. I wouldn’t be surprised if we even had some giveaways in the ol’ prize closet for the best costumes of the day! Bonus points for incorporating a Discovery theme
And while you’re there, check out where the F2F events will be, considering hosting your own or submitting a presentation proposal, and SHARE it out with your colleagues!