Great American Presidents’ Sites & Apps
2/11/2013 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
10 Great American Presidents’ Web Sites & 8 iPad Apps: (Presidents’ Day – Feb. 18th) The list contains presidential sites and apps to gather facts, biographies, speeches, photos, audio & video files, election results, color pages, interactive games and much more.
Photo galleries, full biographies, slideshows, podcasts, and much more.
Photo gallery, transcripts, documents, oral histories, dates, facts, speeches and much more. (Miller Center based at Univerity of Virginia) U.S. Presidents link on home page.
The American Presidency Project – great site for information on fireside chats, candidates’ remarks, party platforms, Inaugural Addresses, State of Union Speeches, Convention Speeches, and more. The site is an online resource containing thousands of documents on U.S. Presidents.
POTUS – Presidents of the United States – great site complete with facts, photos, election results, audio & video files, biographies, notable events, and more.
This site contains videos, speeches, photo galleries, memorable events, presidential facts, and much more.
This site contains numerous choices for teachers and students to locate presidential facts and trivia, biographies, word puzzles, timelines, color pages, famous quotes, worksheets and several interactive games.
Students can play an interactive game to identify the correct president. Students can choose to have one to four clues to help them choose the correct answer.
Elementary level – Students play an interactive game to “Name the President.”
Fun quiz…..”Presidents and Their Dogs”
Great interactive game…..”If You Were President”
iPad Apps for Presidents’ Day (All Apps found in iTunes):
- The White House – Free: This is the official White House app.
- Kids Fingerpainting - Presidents HD – Free: Paint a president’s face, frame it, add a message, and share!
- Presidents Quizzer – Free: identify the faces of US Presidents & Vice-Presidents. Quizzes available for Parties, Birth Places, and Country facts for a fee.
- U.S. Presidents! – Free: Great for studying or locating information about presidents.
- U.S. Presidents Facts: Free: Learn facts about US Presidents.
- U.S. President Match’Em Up: Free – Matching pop quiz – spell & learn section
- U.S. State Capitals: Practice states & capitals – provides 20 states & capitals for free.
- U.S. Government: Free: Learn about our American Government. (Constitution, Amendments, Supreme Court, and Government Acronyms)
Michelle Vance, District Technology Director, Ontario Local Schools, Mansfield, Ohio.
Impero Education Pro wins in the Best Upgraded Product category
MADISON, Wis. (Nov. 21, 2017) – While internet connection and mo...
The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV) and Discovery...
Louisiana’s Rapides Parish School District (RPSD) anno...
To further the efforts of Operation Prevention, the Drug Enforcement A...
STEMscopes Digital STEM curriculum will be used in National Heritage A...
Growth of BrainMaps English language learning centers in China showcas...
Social Studies Alive! (K-5) and History Alive! California Series (6-8)...
Library Journal Recognizes University of Maryland Professor for Passio...
Easton, PA. (November 15, 2017) —Crayola®, in collaboration...