Great American Presidents’ Sites & Apps
2/11/2013 12:00:00 AM
10 Great American Presidents’ Web Sites & 8 iPad Apps: (Presidents’ Day – Feb. 18th) The list contains presidential sites and apps to gather facts, biographies, speeches, photos, audio & video files, election results, color pages, interactive games and much more.
Photo galleries, full biographies, slideshows, podcasts, and much more.
Photo gallery, transcripts, documents, oral histories, dates, facts, speeches and much more. (Miller Center based at Univerity of Virginia) U.S. Presidents link on home page.
The American Presidency Project – great site for information on fireside chats, candidates’ remarks, party platforms, Inaugural Addresses, State of Union Speeches, Convention Speeches, and more. The site is an online resource containing thousands of documents on U.S. Presidents.
POTUS – Presidents of the United States – great site complete with facts, photos, election results, audio & video files, biographies, notable events, and more.
This site contains videos, speeches, photo galleries, memorable events, presidential facts, and much more.
This site contains numerous choices for teachers and students to locate presidential facts and trivia, biographies, word puzzles, timelines, color pages, famous quotes, worksheets and several interactive games.
Students can play an interactive game to identify the correct president. Students can choose to have one to four clues to help them choose the correct answer.
Elementary level – Students play an interactive game to “Name the President.”
Fun quiz…..”Presidents and Their Dogs”
Great interactive game…..”If You Were President”
iPad Apps for Presidents’ Day (All Apps found in iTunes):
- The White House – Free: This is the official White House app.
- Kids Fingerpainting - Presidents HD – Free: Paint a president’s face, frame it, add a message, and share!
- Presidents Quizzer – Free: identify the faces of US Presidents & Vice-Presidents. Quizzes available for Parties, Birth Places, and Country facts for a fee.
- U.S. Presidents! – Free: Great for studying or locating information about presidents.
- U.S. Presidents Facts: Free: Learn facts about US Presidents.
- U.S. President Match’Em Up: Free – Matching pop quiz – spell & learn section
- U.S. State Capitals: Practice states & capitals – provides 20 states & capitals for free.
- U.S. Government: Free: Learn about our American Government. (Constitution, Amendments, Supreme Court, and Government Acronyms)
Michelle Vance, District Technology Director, Ontario Local Schools, Mansfield, Ohio.
comments powered by
Workshops provide valuable PD for science and STEM educators as they l...
New partnership puts all curriculum resources, assignments and assessm...
ClassLink is pleased to announce a third partnership for ClassLink in ...
Can you turn “damp” into “dump,” then “d...
Through this partnership, Bloomz will distribute critical information ...
Bloomington, Ind. (February 2, 2017)—Solution Tree, a premier ed...
California’s Capistrano Unified School District (CUSD)...
Michigan’s Flint Community Schools (FCS) today an...
New forum allows teachers to access–and share their own–be...
WHAT: A no cost webinar hosted by Tech & Learning magazine and spo...