Belkin today announced the Belkin Stage app, which combines the features of a document camera and interactive whiteboard for learning using an iPad.
The new app enables educators to sketch and annotate over live video and displays objects using the iPad camera with the ability to sketch, write, label or laser point to objects in real time. With a connection to a projector or second screen, iPad creations can be shared and viewed with an entire classroom.
Key features include:
- Document camera function to capture live video
- Drawing function where users can overlay text on live video
- Label function so users can overlay labels on live video
- Video output function so all video and interactions can be output via a wired or wireless connection
- Available in Stage app version 1.1, to be released February 28, 2013:
- Recording function allows users to record (using screen capture) all video and created interactions
- Upload function so users can upload recorded sessions to collaborative sites including YouTube EDU
Educators can pair the Belkin Stage app with the Tablet Stage, a stand that holds tablets in place for document projection and convenient use.
Key features of Tablet Stage include:
- Accommodates most tablets, including iPad and iPad Mini
- Case compatible - no need to remove tablet case for use
- Adjustable tablet orientation, angle, height, zoom
- Dual brightness adjustable LED light
- Integrated stylus holder
- Surface attachment option
Belkin will demonstrate at TCEA 2013, February 4-8 in Austin, Texas. For more information visit http://www.tceaconvention.org/2013/public/Content.aspx?ID=1231.
Pricing and Availability
The Belkin Stage app is available at no cost and downloadable through the iTunes web site. Tablet Stage will be available in March 2013, and priced at $199.