. announces over $1 million in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and literacy education grants to non-profit organizations around the globe, including Teach For America, Science Buddies, NPower, Room to Read and the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
Symantec’s grant dedication includes:
- Teach for America, a national corps of outstanding recent college graduates and professionals who commit to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools.
- Science Buddies helps children from all walks of life build their literacy in science and technology by pairing them with science and engineering role models to create science projects and participate in local science fairs.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) is the largest voluntary movement dedicated to girls and young women in the world, regardless of religion, ethnic group or background.
- Room to Read is a global nonprofit organization focusing on literacy and gender equality in education across Asia and Africa.
- NPower brings the tech community together for social good through two core programs: Technology Service Corps (TSC), a free, sector-based IT workforce development program that responds to the needs of underserved, low-income youth and young adults and The Community Corps (TCC), a unique online platform that connects nonprofits and schools to skilled tech volunteers who can help them achieve their mission.