Meru Networks, Inc. today announced the availability of the Meru MobileFLEX architecture. MobileFLEX features Meru's new Context-aware Application Layers (CALs), Apple Bonjour support, enhanced multi-vendor policy enforcement, cloud and 802.11ac readiness.
FLEX Access provides flexibility through multi-channel, single channel, virtual cell and CAL deployment modes to tackle the increasing density and mobility issues brought on by BYOD.
FLEX Control provides the flexibility of centralized, distributed and VMWare cloud-ready deployment options to support campus, remote and home-office deployments and features the following:
- The new 802.11ac-ready Systems Director (SD) 6.0 is scheduled for beta release in Q2. SD 6.0 will feature enhanced, centralized, distributed and VMware cloud-ready virtualized controller options, IPv6 support for greatly enhanced client scalability and enhanced device fingerprinting for more accurate and secure BYOD onboarding.
- Entry-level virtual controller bundles, featuring a VMware-based controller and 10 AP licenses, with prices starting at $999.
FLEX Policy defines and enforces network access policies across any wired and wireless networks and features the following:
- Service Connect feature supports context-based policies for managing Apple Bonjour services while simultaneously addressing the chatty protocol's multi-cast traffic explosion issue.
- The New IDM 13.2 solution, in addition to automating guest access and BYOD on-boarding, features a full-featured scalable radius server, eduroam integration, high availability active/active failover using VRRP and global language support for 38 languages.
FLEX Management provides single pane of glass management, security and troubleshooting across the entire access network layer and features the following:
- Full SolarWinds integration provides a single pane of glass for wired and wireless network management.
- New E(z)RF 4.0, currently scheduled for release in Q2, features flexible spectrum management capabilities that allow supported access points to simultaneously support wireless services and on-demand wireless monitoring. This helps identify Wi-Fi and non-Wi-Fi interference sources such as Bluetooth devices and microwave ovens.
FLEX Solutions simplify Wi-Fi roll-outs with leading education, healthcare and hospitality applications and feature the following:
- Microsoft Lync integration in real-world deployments for unified communications and collaboration.
- LanSchool integration for classroom management.
- The Meru Education-Grade (MEG™) solution (http://bit.ly/15vW5Oh), driving Uninterrupted Learning™, designed to solve colleges' and universities' BYOD issues and support their learning-essential applications.
Meru also introduced two new hardware devices designed to extend the deployment flexibility of the MobileFLEX architecture.
- The new MC1550 is an 802.11ac-ready entry-level controller that supports up to 50 APs and 1,000 client devices.
- The new single radio 802.11n AP1014 access point with four built in Ethernet ports for in-room deployments.
For more information, visit the MobileFLEX launch landing page on the Meru web site: http://bit.ly/ZNqPEc.