Texas Instruments (TI) has released two new apps: TI-Nspire™ App for iPad and TI-Nspire™ CAS App for iPad.
The TI-Nspire Apps for iPad were designed and refined in collaboration with researchers and classroom teachers, including Stephanie Ogden, Dean of Research and Development at L&N STEM Academy in Knoxville, TN, who also teaches Pre-Calculus, AP* Calculus, AP* Statistics and STEM.
Features of the apps, which meet critical curriculum needs from 7th grade through college, include:
- All-in-one functionality for performing calculations in proper math notation; graphing and exploring functions, equations and inequalities; constructing and exploring geometric figures; creating, plotting and analyzing data in lists and spreadsheets.
- Interactive keyboard that toggles between math notation and QWERTY configurations for placing notes and instructions alongside problems.
- Dynamically linked multiple representations of problems
- Familiar operations for creating and saving documents and sharing them using email, iTunes®, and other file sharing options.
- Interaction with the built-in iPad camera interface that enables students to take photos, import them into the app and overlay graphs and equations on them to illustrate abstract math principles in the physical world.
In addition, the TI-Nspire CAS App for iPad has a built-in Computer Algebra System (CAS) which enables students to symbolically solve equations, factor and expand variable expressions, complete the square, find derivatives, compute limits, find exact solutions in irrational form and more.
The TI-Nspire App for iPad and TI-Nspire CAS App for iPad are available for $29.99 each from the App Store on iPad or at www.AppStore.com . Teachers are eligible to receive a free, one-year license of the TI-Nspire and TI-Nspire CAS Teacher Software with purchase of one of the TI-Nspire Apps for iPad. Detailed information about the TI-Nspire Apps for iPad, including a brief video overview, is available at education.ti.com/ipad.