), the K-12 education technology, assessment and data-management company, announced today the launch of Common Core Assessments, an assessment solution to prepare students grades 2-8 for new assessments from the PARCC and Smarter Balanced consortia. LinkIt! is launching Common Core Assessments in conjunction with Curriculum Concepts International (www.CCINY.net), developer of educational content in both print and digital formats.
Common Core Assessments (CCA) Features:
- Assessment Specifications: CCA models item specifications after PARCC and SMARTER Balanced assessments prototypes.
- Assessment Topics: CCA prioritizes content topics into major clusters and supporting clusters, as defined by PARCC.
- Accurate Performance Measures: CCA offers three matched tests with 30-35 questions each so that they can be administered at different times in the year to accurately measure student growth.
- Constructed Response: Goes beyond multiple choice answer formats so students can be introduced to assessment formats that more closely mirror the degree of complexity required by both PARCC and SMARTER Balanced.
- Establishing Proficiency Through Consistency: Detailed rubrics and distractor rationales are provided to establish grading reliability and to enable proper interpretation of results.
- Assessment Delivery: Designed to be more consistent with computer-based test formats in preparation for PARCC.