Top 10 Website Creators by David Kapuler
10/21/2011 1:18:16 PM
Having a website for a teacher is an ideal way to share information with
parents and the community. Not only does this facilitate collaboration,
but it also can help teachers improve their own technology proficiency. Most
districts have some sort of preset application that staff uses for
creating a website but for those that do not I have compiled my top
sites for creating a website. Keep in mind that most website creators are free, but for a fee, can increase the options offered and eliminate ads.
- Excellent site for creating a classroom website or blog that has a
secure educational environment. Also, very easy to use (drag-n-drop)
and the ability to password-protect your site as well.
- Wix - Flash based website creator with a wonderful user interface that is all drag-n-drop.
- Google Sites
- A great way to make a collaborative or group website with a polished look.
Very user-friendly and lots of attractive templates to choose from.
- Yola - Nice website creator with lots of features. However, more features can be unlocked via a paid subscription.
- Webs - Great site for creating either a personal or group website.
- Moonfruit - Fun way to create a simple and elegant website that has lots of social networking integration.
- Webstarts - Another nice drag-n-drop site for creating websites with all the fixings: ability to add photos, video, audio, and more.
- Edicy - Fast and easy way to create a wonderful-looking website.
- Jimdo - Fun and easy-to-use site to create a nice website with lots of features.
- Sitekreator - Mainly a paid website creator, but lots of nice visuals to choose from.
Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of
experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about
his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
comments powered by
NEW YORK (May 24, 2017) - Microsoft tools are changing the classroom, ...
CHICAGO (May 24, 2017) – Decades of scientific research con...
‘Building a Community of Readers’ will provide valuable re...
Research-based, best practice approach leads to high-impact learning e...
Integrator Prime Systems partnered with TEKVOX to provide a complete b...
Three Madison, CT high school students have a grand-prize winning vide...
LUBBOCK, Texas (May 23, 2017) – CEV Multimedia, a lead...
Amended legislation opens the door for schools to use online therapy s...
Kajeet Announces Latest Results from School Bus Survey
Thousands of K-12 students in North America will enjoy more free eBook...