Top 10 Website Creators by David Kapuler
10/21/2011 1:18:16 PM
comments powered by
Having a website for a teacher is an ideal way to share information with
parents and the community. Not only does this facilitate collaboration,
but it also can help teachers improve their own technology proficiency. Most
districts have some sort of preset application that staff uses for
creating a website but for those that do not I have compiled my top
sites for creating a website. Keep in mind that most website creators are free, but for a fee, can increase the options offered and eliminate ads.
- Excellent site for creating a classroom website or blog that has a
secure educational environment. Also, very easy to use (drag-n-drop)
and the ability to password-protect your site as well.
- Wix - Flash based website creator with a wonderful user interface that is all drag-n-drop.
- Google Sites
- A great way to make a collaborative or group website with a polished look.
Very user-friendly and lots of attractive templates to choose from.
- Yola - Nice website creator with lots of features. However, more features can be unlocked via a paid subscription.
- Webs - Great site for creating either a personal or group website.
- Moonfruit - Fun way to create a simple and elegant website that has lots of social networking integration.
- Webstarts - Another nice drag-n-drop site for creating websites with all the fixings: ability to add photos, video, audio, and more.
- Edicy - Fast and easy way to create a wonderful-looking website.
- Jimdo - Fun and easy-to-use site to create a nice website with lots of features.
- Sitekreator - Mainly a paid website creator, but lots of nice visuals to choose from.
Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of
experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about
his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
In an effort to educate students about the innovative dairy community ...
Unique robot kit helps young children develop STEM skills and confiden...
Lawrenceville, GA – Oct. 18, 2017 – Boxlight, a global lea...
CDI Recertified Program’s rigorous quality control process benef...
Annual Competition Provides Young Learners With Introduction to Coding...
Awareness is crucial to a positive life trajectory for dyslexic and st...
Free mini-series begins Oct. 24, 2017
3M (@3M) and Discovery Education (@DiscoveryEd) named 11-year-old Gita...
NEW YORK (Oct. 18, 2017) – Budding actors, actresses and film di...
Big Universe provides thousands of high-interest eBooks and reading to...