Top 10 Website Creators by David Kapuler
10/21/2011 1:18:16 PM
comments powered by
Having a website for a teacher is an ideal way to share information with
parents and the community. Not only does this facilitate collaboration,
but it also can help teachers improve their own technology proficiency. Most
districts have some sort of preset application that staff uses for
creating a website but for those that do not I have compiled my top
sites for creating a website. Keep in mind that most website creators are free, but for a fee, can increase the options offered and eliminate ads.
- Excellent site for creating a classroom website or blog that has a
secure educational environment. Also, very easy to use (drag-n-drop)
and the ability to password-protect your site as well.
- Wix - Flash based website creator with a wonderful user interface that is all drag-n-drop.
- Google Sites
- A great way to make a collaborative or group website with a polished look.
Very user-friendly and lots of attractive templates to choose from.
- Yola - Nice website creator with lots of features. However, more features can be unlocked via a paid subscription.
- Webs - Great site for creating either a personal or group website.
- Moonfruit - Fun way to create a simple and elegant website that has lots of social networking integration.
- Webstarts - Another nice drag-n-drop site for creating websites with all the fixings: ability to add photos, video, audio, and more.
- Edicy - Fast and easy way to create a wonderful-looking website.
- Jimdo - Fun and easy-to-use site to create a nice website with lots of features.
- Sitekreator - Mainly a paid website creator, but lots of nice visuals to choose from.
Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of
experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about
his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
For the 3rd time, Curriculum Associates appears on the Inc. 5000 list ...
Grants will help schools implement or consolidate classroom management...
Part of the Performance Matters Professional Development solution, the...
Webinar hosted by Aperture Education Aug. 29, 2017 offers insight into...
BOSTON (August 9, 2017) – Educators and policymakers are becomin...
Texas’ Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD) today a...
The DESSA-mini is one of two approved health and wellness assessments
Designed for Today’s Students, Picmonic Transforms Forgettable T...
Occupational therapists and therapy assistants can receive credit by a...
Leading LMS Chosen for Learner-Centric Design, Ease of Use, and Parent...