Top 10 YouTube Extras (and more) by David Kapuler
10/21/2011 1:18:16 PM
comments powered by
Here are my top
ways to to filter YouTube to make it
safer for educational viewing and to edit YouTube videos.
Top 5 Ways to Make YouTube Viewing Safer for Schools
Other - (Quietube)
- YouTube: Safety Mode
- This is a great new feature which is simple to use. By clicking on
the safety mode button at the bottom left of a YouTube screen, it filters
inappropriate words from comments and doesn't allow inappropriate videos to be
- ViewPure - Nice way
to remove comments and ads from YouTube video and easy to use. Also,
can install a bookmarklet into your browser for convenience.
- Safe Share TV - Great site which generates a unique safe URL for viewing YouTube content.
- Silentube - Installs a bookmarklet in your browser to watch all YouTube, Viddler, and Vimeo videos in peace.
- Vusafe - An excellent way for an educator to create a safe environment for students to watch videos.
Top 5 Ways to Edit YouTube Videos
- YouTube: Video Editor - Great tool that allows users to upload a video, then edit it by cropping, adding soundtrack, and creating a mash-up.
- Tube Chop - Excellent site that is super easy to use for editing YouTube videos by entering a URL and selecting the start/stop times.
- SnipSnip.It - Easy to use site by entering a URL and selecting the start and stop times (similar to Tube Chop).
- VidScan - Great way to view YouTube videos in a timeline to figure out which sections you want to watch.
- VideoANT - Fun way to watch a YouTube video and then annotate it as it plays along.
- Synchtube - Create a public or private room where users can view the same video and chat in real time.
- Kick YouTube - Easy way to view YouTube videos being blocked by a filter.
- SaveVideo.Me - Great way to save any number of different video formats.
- SaveYouTube - Excellent way to save YouTube videos.
Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of
experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about
his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
MADISON, Wis. (Aug. 17, 2017) – To help refresh their digital le...
Boston — Aug. 17, 2017 — The National Education Associatio...
Silicon Valley-based Mixed Reality for Education Provider Ranks #305, ...
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (Aug. 17, 2017) – Renaissance®,...
For the 3rd time, Curriculum Associates appears on the Inc. 5000 list ...
Grants will help schools implement or consolidate classroom management...
Part of the Performance Matters Professional Development solution, the...
Webinar hosted by Aperture Education Aug. 29, 2017 offers insight into...
BOSTON (August 9, 2017) – Educators and policymakers are becomin...
Texas’ Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD) today a...