Top Ten Social Networks for Education by David Kapuler
10/21/2011 1:18:16 PM
comments powered by
I'm a huge advocate of Web 2.0 in general, and social networking in
particular. Here are my favorite networks for education that targets
- Far and away one of the most popular social networks around. This
micro-tweeting platform is used worldwide and especially in education
(search hash tags, edchat or edtech).
2. Classroom 2.0
- Created by Steve Hargadon and used by thousands of educators on a
daily basis. This site alone changed the way I viewed education and
ignited my passion for Web 2.0.
3. Facebook -nuff said!!
4. Plurk - A social network similar to Twitter with a timeline view and fun karma-based platform.
5. Educator's PLN
- Built by Thomas Whitby, this social network is one of the fastest
growing around and some of the top technology based innovators can be
6. Learn Central - Sponsored by elluminate, Learn Central is an ideal place for educators to host or learn through its virtual conferences.
7. ISTE Community - International Society for Technology & Education is a great place for educators to collaborate on technology issues.
8. Edutopia - A very popular organization created by the George Lucas foundation.
9. Collaborative Translation - Created by well renowned educator James O'Reilly, CT is a great place to learn and share innovative ideas.
- Integrating Technology 4 Active Life-Long Learners is a nice place
for educators to share best practices for technology integration.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.
Impero Education Pro wins in the Best Upgraded Product category
MADISON, Wis. (Nov. 21, 2017) – While internet connection and mo...
The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV) and Discovery...
Louisiana’s Rapides Parish School District (RPSD) anno...
To further the efforts of Operation Prevention, the Drug Enforcement A...
STEMscopes Digital STEM curriculum will be used in National Heritage A...
Growth of BrainMaps English language learning centers in China showcas...
Social Studies Alive! (K-5) and History Alive! California Series (6-8)...
Library Journal Recognizes University of Maryland Professor for Passio...
Easton, PA. (November 15, 2017) —Crayola®, in collaboration...