Top 50 Math Sites and Apps
7/12/2013 12:00:00 AM
Recently my lists have started to change and instead of focusing on sites I've been focusing more on apps, as "mobile learning" has really taken off. I decided to start posting my favorite apps and sites for different subjects. Below are my favorites for math. This list is in alphabetical order.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
- 4 Dice: Fraction Games - A great iOS app for learning how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions. This game meets Common Core Standards and has blue tooth capabilities to allow for two players across multiple devices.
- 5 Dice: Order of Operations Game - A neat iOS app for practicing "order of operations" where the answer is giving and students need to figure out the equation. Some nice features include the email feature for teachers to track students ability as well as a nice interactive whiteboard to help figure out the problem.
- ABCYA - A wonderful site/apps for educational games.
- AplusMath - A nice site for math games, worksheets and flashcards.
- Axiom - A fun iOS app where students tilt the mobile device to guide their ship to collection different numbers and operations to solve math problems.
- BrainNook - A great site for math games/apps with "differentiated instruction".
- Bubbabrain - A excellent site with 1000s of educational games where teachers can create their own games.
- BuzzMath Middle School - A fantastic iPad app for Middle School students wanting to learn and practice their math skills. Some nice features is when a student gets an answer wrong BuzzMath shows them the correct answer and how to solve it. Also, supports "differentiated instruction" as well as a website with a teacher portal for managing and tracking students.
- Clever Island - A nice site with lots of educational math games that cover areas such as: counting, classification, ordering, etc.
- Cookie - A great site with lots of educational games for Elementary schools.
- DimensionU - One of my favorite sites/program for K-12 for developing math skills in all areas. This site uses cutting edge technology to reinforce math skills in 3D games in safe competitive environments.
- Dinosaur Train Classic in the Jurassic, Jr - A fun iPad game based on the popular PBS tv show that has kids playing 3 math based games on counting, sorting, and a balance, to help the dinosaurs complete their adventure.
- DragonBox - A excellent multi-platform site for teaching students algebra in a fun and unique way by starting out using pictures instead of numbers.
- Funbrain - One of the most popular educational gaming sites on the web.
- GazziliMath - A wonderful addicting iOS app that my 6 yr old son loves!!! This is a great app for the younger kids learning to add, count, subtract, and more. Also, has a high replay value as kids need to complete levels to unlock more and more features.
- Game Classroom - A nice site with lots of math games, worksheets, and homework help for students.
- Grid Lines: Ordered Pair Game - Grid Lines is a very unique and challenging game which has students plot order pairs/points on a four quadrant grid. This is great for upper El Ed and MS students and has blue tooth capability for multiplayer.
- IXL - One of the most popular sites for math for grades K-8th as well as for learning algebra and geometry. Not only does this site have an educational portal for student tracking and reporting but tons of lessons to choose from as well.
- Kidz Page - A nice site with lots of fun educational math games.
- Learning Games for Kids - A great sites with lots of games for education.
- Lure of the Labyrinth - A site designed for pre-algebra students to go on an amazing adventure to rescue their lost pet and avoid monsters. Not only does this app have a wide variety of lessons for MS students it also is aligned to state standards.
- Fuel the Brain - A nice site with lot of different educational math games to choose from.
- Funschool - A cool site with lots of math games.
- Gamequarium - One of the most robust sites around for math games and resources.
- Mangahigh - A wonderful site for anime styled math games where students earn rewards/badges.
- Marble math - Is a great iOS app that has students playing the old fashioned marble tilt puzzle game solving basic math problems (addition, subtraction, etc.) plus decimals and fractions. A user can either tilt their iOS device to move the marble or use their finger to guide their marble to the desired spot. Not only is this game highly addictive it gets rather challenging in the upper levels.
- Math A Tube - A great resource for math students/teachers for all areas of math. A person can not only find videos and worksheets, but explanations of all sorts of math concepts (ie, geometry, decimals, fractions, etc.).
- Math Champ - A very innovative iOS app that turns a student's iPad into a "buzzer" to answer questions before their classmate. This does require a teacher to "host" the game as well as setup a class list. Math Chimp supplies all the Common Core Standard questions from a wide variety of math problems.
- Math Chimp - A wonderful site for finding games, videos, and worksheets on a wide variety of math concepts.
- Math Dojo - A fun iOS app for addition in the style of a fighting game. The paid version unlocks all the different operations/levels.
- Math Game Time - A terrific site for grades K-7 with lots of educational games, worksheets, and videos.
- Math Minute Madness - A wonderful iOS app that focuses on basic math skills and has students trying to solve as many questions in a minute to earn stars so they can add animals to their virtual zoo.
- Math Playground - A great site for finding math resources such as: word problems, games, worksheets, flashcards, and more.
- Mystery Math Town - This is one of my favorite and unique iOS apps for building math skills. Ideally this adventure is for kids 6-12 and focuses on addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Students enter a town and try unlock levels and characters by not only solving equations but finding the variables to solve the given equation as well. This game is highly addictive and has very high replay value.
- Numbers League - A fantastic iPad app for students 5 on up that uses basic math skills to defeat a legion of evil super heroes. This interactive comic style game focuses on Common Core Standards and can be used by students of all ages as it gets harder and harder.
- Operation Math - This is a very fun iPad app that focuses on the basic skills of math while trying to stop an evil villain from stealing numbers by solving equations and locking his escape route. OM is a great game for kids 5-12 with high replay value that takes them to lots of geographical locations.
- Ordered Fractions - A fun iOS game that uses dice to roll random numbers and then have students put them in boxes to create fractions. Students then have to compare these fractions to put into ascending order.
- Pipo Games - A nice site/program with lots of educational games for any curriculum, math included. A paid account unlocks all features and games.
- Play Kid Games - A very nice site with lots of fun and engaging math games.
- RoomRecess - A nice site for elementary students to learn basic math concept through educational games.
- Sakura Quick Math - Is an ideal iOS app for grades 1st - 5th that focuses on all basic math skills. Not only does Sakura track students progress it allows for users to write the answer directly on the iOS screen.
- Sheppard Software - A nice site with lots of fun math games in a wide variety of areas.
- Skip Math: Skip Counting Games - A fun iOS app similar to Doodle Jump where students jump from platform to platform to count by numbers (i.e., 2, 4, 6, 8, etc.). Another neat feature is the ability to take a picture of yourself and put it on the game character.
- Sumdog - A great site with educational portal for student tracking, to reinforce math skills while students play against others worldwide.
- Sushi Monster - A nice iOS app for practicing addition and multiplication facts.
- TenMarks - One of the most popular sites/programs for math for Grades 1st thru HS. This program helps students develop their math skills in all areas while tracking student data and using "differentiated learning."
- Tutpup - A great site educational math games that focuses on areas such as: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and more.
- What2Learn - A excellent site with lots of math resources as well as the ability to create your own game.
- YodelOh Math Mountain - A super-fun iOS app that focuses on the basic skills of Math such as: addition, multiplication, subtraction, and division. This game is a hoot and reminds me a lot of the Price is Right game where the mountain climber tries to reach the top of the mountain before time runs out.
- Zondle - A innovative site with an educational portal that allows teachers to track, monitor, and create games for students.
comments powered by
ATLANTA – April 24, 2017 – IO Education, a market leader i...
Bringing together academic, attendance, school climate, and social-emo...
Designed for the “at-promise” student who needs to earn cr...
Iowa’s Cardinal Community School District (CCSD) today...
The personalized literacy solution was selected as a 2017 REVERE Award...
Kensington’s MicroSaver 2.0 Master Keyed Lock Helps Simplify Acc...
NEW YORK (April 19, 2017) - Education technology is accelerating how w...
The reporting and management tools are helping to streamline the distr...
“Miao Mi” App Features Award-Winning Children’s Prog...
Dynamic New Resources Provide a Critical Link Between Vocabulary and R...