Who doesn’t like watching animations? If you think, it needs more complicated skills and takes a long time, you are wrong!
ABCya is a cute web tool for kids (as well as adults:) that they can create their animations and publish them. The tool gives you 100 frames that you can create. For each frame, choose a background, add your images, draw or add text on the frames. You can delete or duplicate your frames as well. When you are done, you can save your animation as gif. file on your desktop.
Here are a few ideas to use this tool with our students:
- Give them a topic and ask them to create their own animations about it.
- Create an animation and ask your students to write the text for it.
- Give the first scene and ask students to animate the rest.
- Students can turn the book or the fairy tales into animations using this tool.
- Students can create their own short stories.
It can be a good icebreaker as well. Animate your introduction and show it to your students. I really likes this cool tool as it is fun, colorful and easy to implement.
cross-posted at ozgekaraoglu.edublogs.org
Özge Karaoğlu is an English teacher and educational consultant in teaching young learners and teaching with web-based technologies. She is the author of Minigon ELT book series, which aims to teach English to young learners through stories. Read more of her ideas about teaching English through technology and Web-based tools at ozgekaraoglu.edublogs.org.