How will students’ mobile device be used for learning?
9/18/2013 12:00:00 AM
How will the students’ mobile device primarily be used? What other ways can teachers have students use mobile devices to engage in learning?
- to introduce the learning goal to the students before the teacher does in class such as in a flipped classroom
- to introduce the learning goal during the class presentation
- to present alternative ways of learning the learning goal
- to practice the learning goal after a presentation (drill and practice)
- to apply the learning concepts at a higher level of thinking (compare/contrast, synthesize, evaluate)
- to incorporate the learning into an individual student’s big project such as project based learning
- to capture in class learning such as taking a picture of the whiteboard or video recording a project
- as a written, visual, audio or media prompt for a learning activity
- to collaborate with others within and outside the class on a project
- to compete against other learning groups
- to get information from the web (websites, images, etc.)
- to get information from others via texting, email, etc.
- to poll or survey students’ interest about some part of the learning goal
- to assess student learning and provide feedback to the students (formative assessment)
- to assess students summatively (final grade on unit, project…)
- to collect examples of student work for a portfolio
cross-posted at http://eduwithtechn.wordpress.com
Harry Grover Tuttle teaches English and Spanish college courses at Onondaga Community College and blogs at Education with Technology. He is also the author of several books on formative assessment and the new ebook 90 Mobile Learning Modern Language Activities.
comments powered by
Gainesville, FL, Feb. 23, 2017 – The Schools of Hope Survey, und...
Texas’ Greenville Independent School District (GISD) announced t...
Sergeant Laboratories announced today the expansion of its AristotleIn...
“A Helpful Guide to Interactive Solutions in the Classroom”...
HMH Kids Discover Social Studies provides easily digestible conte...
The social emotional learning platform was singled out by an audience ...
The comprehensive, online and blended learning program now spans ...
Capstone, a leading publisher of children’s books and digi...
LeDerick Horne and Dr. Margo Izzo headline the “Eureka! Big Idea...