How will students’ mobile device be used for learning?
9/18/2013 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
How will the students’ mobile device primarily be used? What other ways can teachers have students use mobile devices to engage in learning?
- to introduce the learning goal to the students before the teacher does in class such as in a flipped classroom
- to introduce the learning goal during the class presentation
- to present alternative ways of learning the learning goal
- to practice the learning goal after a presentation (drill and practice)
- to apply the learning concepts at a higher level of thinking (compare/contrast, synthesize, evaluate)
- to incorporate the learning into an individual student’s big project such as project based learning
- to capture in class learning such as taking a picture of the whiteboard or video recording a project
- as a written, visual, audio or media prompt for a learning activity
- to collaborate with others within and outside the class on a project
- to compete against other learning groups
- to get information from the web (websites, images, etc.)
- to get information from others via texting, email, etc.
- to poll or survey students’ interest about some part of the learning goal
- to assess student learning and provide feedback to the students (formative assessment)
- to assess students summatively (final grade on unit, project…)
- to collect examples of student work for a portfolio
cross-posted at http://eduwithtechn.wordpress.com
Harry Grover Tuttle teaches English and Spanish college courses at Onondaga Community College and blogs at Education with Technology. He is also the author of several books on formative assessment and the new ebook 90 Mobile Learning Modern Language Activities.
College and high school students learn physics through experiments tha...
Chatsworth, Calif. (June 26, 2017) – When teachers regularly inc...
BOSTON (June 26, 2017) itslearning, an award-winning learning manageme...
Funds For Learning (@FFL), the leading E-rate experts, recently c...
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (June 26, 2017) – Renaissance®,...
Awards recognize the 80 best employers in Massachusetts.
Educators recognize the potential of augmented reality to improve...
Release of iOS solution makes CatchOn the only administrative tool cap...
Greenville, Wis., June 26, 2017 – When K-12 educators build a co...
Two out of Three Students Surveyed in Burnet CISD Believe New Classr...