50 Ideas For Your Class Webpage
9/24/2013 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
As classrooms move toward blended learning or the flipped classroom, the teacher's webpage can play a big part in “after school” help for students and parents.
The webpage, either classroom- or grade-level, can be designed to include numerous items that are helpful to parents, community members, and students. It provides a place for parents to go after hours to view information about homework assignments, calendar of events, classroom pictures, study links, and more.
As a webmaster, I am often asked “What do I put on a classroom webpage?” Below are suggestions to use for designing a classroom webpage that fits the needs of your school and classroom.
- Picture of your Class
- Picture of the School
- Photo Gallery
- Parent Volunteer Pictures
- Parent Volunteer Information
- Teacher Information – “Meet Your Classroom Teacher”
- Class Mission Statement
- Homework Information and Assignments
- Spelling Lists and Vocabulary Words
- Behavior Plans
- Classroom Calendar of Events, Monthly Calendar
- Parent Classroom Information
- Student Drawings
- Supply List
- Class Videos – (Use an iPad to make a quick video)
- Field Trip Events
- Newscasts (created by students)
- Record a student reading a passage from a book….Title: Guess the Book!
- List of Reading Books
- Links to Research Sites
- Links to Reading, Writing, Math and Social Studies Interactive Sites
- Link to your Moodle Page
- List of iPad Apps used in the Classroom
- Link to Common Core Standards
- Snow Day Assignments
- Practice Worksheets
- Multiplication Tables
- FAQ Section
- Class News – Star of the Week
- PowerPoint Presentations - (Classroom Lessons)
- Math Tips of the Month
- Weekly Schedule
- Classroom and School Tour
- Help Me Section
- Videos – ( How to solve math problems)
- Math and Science Vocabulary Words
- Student Handbook
- Extra Credit
- How to be a Better Reader Information
- Addition & Subtraction Facts
- Lunch Menu & Prices
- Weather Forecast Link
- School District Calendar
- Geography Lessons of the Week
- Class Rules
- Literacy Links
- Classroom Grading Guidelines
Michelle Vance is the District Technology Director of Ontario Local Schools in Ontario, Ohio and the 1994 Tech & Learning State Winner - Ohio, Teacher of the Year.
In an effort to educate students about the innovative dairy community ...
Unique robot kit helps young children develop STEM skills and confiden...
Lawrenceville, GA – Oct. 18, 2017 – Boxlight, a global lea...