Lightspeed Foundation winners announced
1/14/2014 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
The Lightspeed Systems Foundation
announces the 2013 Amazing Grant recipients.
Six schools across the country are being recognized for their commitment to establishing innovative learning projects in the classroom.
This month the following schools will receive an Amazing Grant through the Lightspeed Systems Foundation:
- William B. Bimat Elementary School, Bakersfield, CA – Local Economy and Commerce Project- Students will be engaged in an in-depth study of economy and the local agriculture industry, using mobile devices and other digital tools.
- North Adams Community Schools, Decatur, IN – Digital Curriculum Development - Grant money will be used to support teachers’ efforts towards developing digital curriculum in all core subject areas.
- Stocker Elementary School, Kenosha Unified School District, Kenosha, WI – Schoolwide eBook Initiative - Stocker Elementary will use Amazing Grant funds to purchase iPads and eBooks for students to lead discussions across classrooms, grade levels, and book clubs.
- Frank Elementary School, Kenosha Unified School District, Kenosha, WI – Field Work Comes Alive Project - Through the purchase of iPads with the help of an Amazing Grant, students at Frank Elementary will capture their field work experiences on the mobile device, producing both printed field workbooks and digital portfolios of Learning Expeditions.
- Coast Unified School District, Cambria, CA – Minecraft in Education Digital Learning Project - Coast Unified will use the funds to support its Minecraft In Education Digital Learning Project.
For more information about the Lightspeed Systems Foundation, visit http://www.lightspeedsystems.com/company/giving/
- Batesville Community School Corporation, Batesville, IN – Digital Content Creation Initiative - Educators in the Batesville Community School Corporation will use the grant money to review resources, develop lessons, and use My Big Campus to create Bundles to enhance teaching and learning.
Grant applications for 2014 will be available this spring.
In an effort to educate students about the innovative dairy community ...
Unique robot kit helps young children develop STEM skills and confiden...
Lawrenceville, GA – Oct. 18, 2017 – Boxlight, a global lea...