My Weekly Diigo Bookmarks (January 26, 2014)
1/29/2014 12:00:00 AM
In an attempt to reflect back upon the numerous blogs and articles that I peruse online each week, I have decided to autopost the items that I bookmark on Diigo each week. Below are all of the links that I compiled last week in my Diigo account, with a few of my favorites highlighted in more detail at the top.
- Are MOOCs Still Going Strong? - Edudemic tags: mooc moocs
- 8 incredibly easy steps to a professional development makeover | eSchool News Great overview of how to set up a successful PD program by Tom Murray. tags: professionaldevelopment pd
- Use Aurasma to Create Augmented Reality Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Activities - From Richard Byrne - Aurasma is a free app for iPads, iPhones, and most Android devices. Using Aurasma you can create augmented reality layers, Aurasma calls them "auras," that pop-up when you scan objects with your phone or tablet. tags: augmentedreality aurasma howto
- Southern New Hampshire University: How Paul LeBlanc’s tiny school has become a giant of higher education An interesting story about an institution that was in decline and how things turned around. Are there lessons here for others to learn from? tags: highered
- Word Dynamo - More Than Just Vocabulary Games From Richard Byrne - Word Dynamo is an academic review exercises site hosted by Dictionary.com. In addition to vocabulary quizzes and flashcards, on Word Dynamo you will find quizzes, games, and flashcards for studying topics in social studies, science, math, and fine arts. tags: vocabulary games
- Show Your Students How Far Their Blogs Can Reach From Richard Byrne -
ClustrMaps is a free service that you can use to show students the global traffic sources of their blogs. tags: blog traffic clustrmap
- ▶ A talk on Rhizomatic Learning for ETMOOC - YouTube tags: learning rhizomaticlearning rhizome davecormier
- Different approach to learning yields compassionate results Great approach to hands-on learning from a school in Australia
- The Problems with the Common Core By Stan Karp - This is a revised version of a talk on the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) delivered in Portland, Oregon, Sept. 20, 2013. The CCSS have been adopted by 46 states and are currently being implemented in school districts throughout the United States. tags: commoncore problems
- E-Reading Rises as Device Ownership Jumps | Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project tags: ereading statistics
- Will Net Neutrality Ruling Doom Education to Second-Class Status? -- THE Journal tags: netneutrality
- Venn Diagrams on the iPad tags: apps venndiagrams ipad
- How to Create Contact Groups to Make Sharing Google Documents Easier tags: googledrive contactlists howto
- A Deceptively Simple Game that Teaches Students How to Ask the Right Questions | graphite Blog tags: geography game geoguesser
- Three Dangers of Losing Net Neutrality That Nobody's Talking About | Wired Opinion | Wired.com tags: netneutrality dangers
- Seymour Papert: Project-Based Learning Great stuff on Project Based Learning from Seymour Papert via Edutopia tags: pbl seymourpapert
- A Good Google Earth Tour Builder Tutorial from Richard Byrne Google Earth Tour Builder is a slick tool that Google introduced a couple of months ago. Tour Builder is a browser-based tool for creating Google Earth tours. Placemarks in your Tour Builder tours can include up to 25 images and videos, that's one of my favorite aspects of the tool tags: howto googleearth
- OpenEd - Largest K-12 OER. Quarter Million Common Core Videos and Games Largest K-12 Educational Resource Catalog
More Than A Million Common Core Videos, Games and Assessments tags: resources commoncore opened
- Dying teacher makes remarkable journey to visit former students tags: dying teacher
- Technology as Learning Environment - Getting Smart by Guest Author - 3D, 3D learning, edchat, EdTech, HSchat, Innovation, learning, photoshpere | Getting Smart tags: technology innovation newmilford learning
- Launching the Workshop School: How technology can support radical redesign - Education - AEI tags: workshop technology redesign edreform
- 3 Things We Should Stop Doing in Professional Development | The Principal of Change tags: professionaldevelopment pd
- With Tech Tools, How Should Teachers Tackle Multitasking In Class? | MindShift tags: Multitasking focus balance technology 1:1
- Age of Distraction: Why It's Crucial for Students to Learn to Focus | MindShift tags: attention students multitasking balance focus 1:1
Patrick Larkin is the Assistant Superintendent for Learning of Burlington Public Schools in Burlington, MA and the former principal of Burlington High. He blogs about education at www.patrickmlarkin.com.
comments powered by
NEW YORK (March 22, 2017) – Schoology, Inc., the leader in learn...
Research-Based Intervention Program, iSPIRE TM, Recognized as a “...
BOSTON — March 21, 2017 — itslearning, an award-winning le...
DOVER, NEW HAMPSHIRE—March 21, 2017—Measured Progress, Inc...
Rochester, N.Y. (March 21, 2017) – Second Avenue Learning, a lea...
With new CREATE Packages, educators now have access to a powerful suit...
Addition of Quizlet Further Empowers Students and Teachers with Increa...
Discovery Education, the leading provider of digital content and profe...
Boston — March 20, 2107 —The Virtual High School (VHS, Inc...
Innovative Portable STEM Lab Continues To Win Acclaim As Emerging Te...