Top 40 Web 2.0 Sites With Educational Portal
4/11/2014 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
Many sites that are beneficial for education require that a student has an email account to login. This is very frustrating for educators that have to worry about district policy and CIPA/COPPA compliance to maintain student safety/privacy. So I compiled a list that had a educational portal that allowed an educator to create a student account or that is safe for use in education. Since then, a number of new sites have been released that accomplish this as well, persuading me to create an updated list. This list is in alphabetical order.
- Animoto Plus - One of the most popular web tools/apps for creating slideshows with free educational portal for schools.
- Answer Pad - A fantastic Student Response and Assessment System that uses an innovative graphical interface to help turn a teacher's classroom paperless (by doing testing on mobile devices) and assess students on any number of subjects in real-time using a free mobile app with digital portfolio capabilities.
- Been for Education - A innovative site for collaboratively browsing the web with your class to incorporate different styles of teaching (i.e. Guided Instruction, Blended/Flipped Learning, etc.) Best of all, educators create/monitor all student account activity.
- Biteslide - A fantastic site where educators create student accounts for making stunning slide book presentations that are ideal for Project Based Learning.
- BoomWriter - A terrific site for grades 3rd-8th that has students collaboratively writing a story/book while voting chapter by chapter on which one should be included. Educators get to create the student the accounts and a finished product can then be published online and ordered.
- Buncee for Education - A wonderful site/app for creating beautiful/interactive presentations that can be embedded into a site or blog and educators can make and track the student accounts/assignments.
- ClassDojo - Widely used in classrooms throughout the world ClassDojo is an excellent free site/app that allows educators to manage student behavior and notify parents via the computer or mobile devices.
- Diigo - A very popular social bookmarking/annotating site that allows educators to share links with students for Guided and Project Based Learning.
- Drawp for School - A wonderful drawing app that integrates with a web portal where educators can create student accounts and share assignments/projects via the cloud or iPad.
- Edmodo - A safe learning environment for teachers and students. A great all-in-one solution for education.
- EDpuzzle - One of my favorite safe site that does not require a student email to take a digital video and "make it your own". This can be done by editing, cropping, adding a voice, etc. Educators also have the ability to embed a quiz into the video for assessment and Flipped Learning.
- Flocabulary - A interesting site that allows teachers to share an educational account which allows access to educational hip-hop videos for learning and assessment.
- Gaggle - A great platform designed to making the web/mobile devices safe for students through built in filtering and more.
- Glogster EDU - A popular Common Core Aligned digital platform that allows educators to create student accounts for making interactive posters, signs, presentations, etc.
- GoAnimate for Schools - A excellent COPPA compliant site for making animated videos in a safe/secure environment.
- Google Apps for Education - nuff said...
- Kidblog - Quite simply the best blogging platform for students that does not require a student email to sign up.
- Kubbu - A great site for educators to make quizzes, crosswords, and puzzles and then analyze results without the need of student email addresses for accounts.
- LessonPaths - Formerly known as MentorMob EDU, a fantastic site for creating learning playlists that can be use for Project Based/Guided Learning, a Flipped Classroom, and more.
- Little Bird Tales - A fun site/app for digital storytelling with lessons that are aligned to Common Core Standards.
- Metta - A fantastic site that can be used by students without the need of an email address for digital storytelling/presentations. Educators can use it to Flip a Lesson or for Blended Learning by embedded a poll or quiz into a video.
- Mixbook for Educators - The educational portal for the great site for creating all types of digital/real books (i.e. yearbooks, scrapbooks, calendars, etc.).
- Musicshake Edu - A great way for students to create legal, copyright music right from the browser.
- Nanoogo - A fun site where students can create presentations, artwork, and more in a safe environment. Also, educators can monitor all student/class activity but a parent's email address is needed for a student to sign up.
- Myths & Legends - One of my favorite sites for digital storytelling in a safe environment set to a fantasy theme.
- PhotoPeach - A nice site for creating interactive slideshows where educators create/manage the student accounts and control all privacy settings.
- Pixton for Schools - A nice/safe site for students for creating digital comics where they login with a unique code. This is a fun tool can be used for any curriculum for any grade level.
- Primary Access - A cool site for creating digital presentations that can be embedded into a site/blog without the need of a student email address.
- Scrawlar - A cool new web whiteboard/word processor where students don't sign up and can share/save/collaborate via the cloud.
- SideVibe - A innovative site that takes bookmarks and turns them into lessons where teacher creates the class and students join via a unique code.
- Socrative - A wonderful Student Response System that students use for educational games and exercise on mobile devices.
- SpellingCity - The best site around for Spelling/Vocabulary with educational portal and where educators can integrate word lists into educational games.
- Storybird for Schools - A terrific Literacy tool that educators can use to engage student's Reading/Writing skills.
- StoryJumper - A nice site for digital storytelling where students login with a unique code and even oder a copy of their book.
- ToonDooSpaces - A great site for digital storytelling in safe/private environment.
- Verso - A innovative site/app where educators can create Flipped Lessons that students can respond to.
- VoiceThread - A very popular Web 2.0 resource for educators and students to create dynamic presentations with narration and then embed them into a site.
- Weebly - One of the most popular sites for students to create web pages in a safe environment where teachers manage their accounts.
- Zimmer Twins - A fantastic site for digital storytelling in a fun cartoon style site; that offers lots of options for how to use with student accounts.
- Zoho Wiki - A great resource for students to create a wiki or for educators to create online courses, lessons, presentations, and more.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
MADISON, Wis. (Aug. 17, 2017) – To help refresh their digital le...
Boston — Aug. 17, 2017 — The National Education Associatio...
Silicon Valley-based Mixed Reality for Education Provider Ranks #305, ...
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (Aug. 17, 2017) – Renaissance®,...
For the 3rd time, Curriculum Associates appears on the Inc. 5000 list ...
Grants will help schools implement or consolidate classroom management...
Part of the Performance Matters Professional Development solution, the...
Webinar hosted by Aperture Education Aug. 29, 2017 offers insight into...
BOSTON (August 9, 2017) – Educators and policymakers are becomin...
Texas’ Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD) today a...