Forty Educational Websites To Put In Your Toolkit, Part 1
6/16/2014 12:00:00 AM
Welcome to a post and the summer of 2014… at least in the USA. I have a real treat for you in the next two weeks. I will be sharing some of those websites I feel should be in every teacher’s toolbox! I have forty… maybe more… and I am sending out ten new ones in each post. Remember I am picking these from thousands. It is my way of saying happy summer! First, to ensure you do not miss one of these valuable posts or other resources covering PBL, Digital Curriculum, Web 2.0, STEM, 21st century learning, and technology integration please sign up for 21centuryedtech by email or RSS. As always, I invite you to follow me on twitter (@mjgormans). Please give this post a retweet and pass it on. Have a great week – Michael Gorman (21centuryedtech)
Part 1: Forty Educational Websites To Put In Your Toolkit
- Create or find content video
- Customize with questions
- Interactive video for flipped or blended learning
- Great for Formative Assessment and Differentiation
PBS Learning Media
- Great library of videos and interactives
- Search by grade, subject, or standards
- Extensive PD Collection including: Literacy… STEM… Get Your Tech On
- Record short video tutorials (up to 5 minutes)
- Share online via LMS and more
- Great for flipped and blended learning
- Create custom games, quizzes and activities
- Great interactive online versions of some old standards (Fishbone Diagram, Sandwich Organizer)
- Can be posted to LMS or website
Read Write Think Interactives
- Help students organize, summarize, and analyze, and write
- Includes multi-level lesson plans that integrate each interactive
- Students may save or print partial or completed interactive
- Check out this write up on these interactives.
- Online student response system using laptops, tablets, smartphones
- Multiple choice, T/F, open-ended quiz questions
- Exit tickets
- Results export to Excel
- Creative brainstorming or Classroom feedback
- Modes allow for one or multiple answers
- Teacher friendly information for moderating/monitoring
- Export to Wordle or Tagxedo
- Comprehension lessons and units
- Novel Study units in multiple genres and grade levels
- Leveled reading passages with question sets
- Aligned to CCSS and standards of all 50 states
cross-posted at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com Michael Gorman oversees one-to-one laptop programs and digital professional development for Southwest Allen County Schools near Fort Wayne, Indiana. He is a consultant for Discovery Education, ISTE, My Big Campus, and November Learning and is on the National Faculty for The Buck Institute for Education. His awards include district Teacher of the Year, Indiana STEM Educator of the Year and Microsoft’s 365 Global Education Hero. Read more at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com.
comments powered by
The National Basketball Association (NBA) and Discovery Education...
Just got your driver’s license? Can’t wait to floor ...
DOVER, N.H.—April 26, 2017—The Maryland State Department o...
Raleigh, N.C. (April 25, 2017) – &...
ATLANTA – April 24, 2017 – IO Education, a market leader i...
Bringing together academic, attendance, school climate, and social-emo...
Designed for the “at-promise” student who needs to earn cr...
Iowa’s Cardinal Community School District (CCSD) today...
The personalized literacy solution was selected as a 2017 REVERE Award...
Kensington’s MicroSaver 2.0 Master Keyed Lock Helps Simplify Acc...