Forty Educational Websites To Put In Your Toolkit, Part 2
6/23/2014 12:00:00 AM
comments powered by
It is still summer time and I am sharing some of those websites I feel should be in every teacher’s toolbox! I have forty… maybe more… and I am sending out ten new ones in each post. This is post number two… remember I am picking these from thousands. It is my way of saying happy summer!
- K-12 library of Standards-aligned content collections
- Videos, games, digital texts, and questions
- Create your own or customize existing collections
- Vetted by educators
- Library of Lessons – curated videos that amplify great lesson ideas
- Filter searches by content, grade range and length of video
- TED-Ed platform allows users to create lessons from TED and
- You-Tube educational videos.
- App analyzes writing samples
- Analyzes readability level
- Color coding of hard to read sentences, voice, parts of speech
- Currently app only
- Simple timer (10 seconds to 5 hours) with alert sounds
- Clock displays real time (as set on computer)
- Display clock and timer together
- One-way messages to students and/or parents
- Sender/Receiver phone numbers remain private
- Broadcast special reminders, encouragement, schedule changes
- Easily schedule messages to be sent later
Creative Commons Search
- Custom gateway to materials that may be used, shared, or remixed
- Includes images, media, music and video
- User should still verify Creative Commons License
- Add CC Search to browser toolbar
- Provides search results from 35,000 sites evaluated by research experts
- Mission: to help educators “teach students how to use the Internet effectively, safely, and responsibly.”
- Aims to help students locate credible resources faster
- K-12 resource catalog of Common Core materials
- Includes games, videos, assessments and courses
- Integrates with popular learning management systems and offers its own
- Curates digital learning materials to enrich teaching and learning
- Browse by material type, grade, subject, or by collection provider
- OpenAuthor lets teachers create their own open licensed education resources
- Organize thoughts with mind maps
- Use multiple maps to tell a story
- Export slideshow PDF for offline viewing
- Extension through Google Drive allows real time collaboration
Thank you for joining me and if you have an idea website I should include… please let me know. It might be part of what follows after 40! I hope you found this information something you can use in your school and to share with other educators. As always , I invite you to follow me on twitter (@mjgormans). Please give this post a retweet and pass it on to someone who will benefit. To ensure you do not miss a future valuable post or other resource covering PBL,Digital Curriculum, STEM, 21st century learning, and technology integration please sign up for21centuryedtech by email or RSS. Have a great week… enjoy the Websites! – Mike (http://21centuryedtech.wordpress.com/
cross-posted at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com Michael Gorman oversees one-to-one laptop programs and digital professional development for Southwest Allen County Schools near Fort Wayne, Indiana. He is a consultant for Discovery Education, ISTE, My Big Campus, and November Learning and is on the National Faculty for The Buck Institute for Education. His awards include district Teacher of the Year, Indiana STEM Educator of the Year and Microsoft’s 365 Global Education Hero. Read more at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com.
WeVideo Provides Complete, Secure Collaborative Video Editing and Digi...
EdLink for mobile device management and Impero Insight rich analytics ...
Study finds gaming can improve student SEL outcomes when supported by ...
Discovery Education, the leading provider of digital content and profe...
Two leading education brands, Atomic Learning and Versifit, annou...
Epson is delivering the future of display technology for education at ...
The latest version of the language-learning app offers groundbreaking&...
Lightspeed, a Learning Company, today unveiled its new logo and corpor...
Combines teacher and classroom messaging technology with school and di...
NEW YORK (June 21, 2017) - Schoology, the leader in learning managemen...