20 Tools for Brainstorming/Mind Mapping
10/17/2014 12:00:00 AM
Brainstorming/mind mapping is an educational technique that has been around since the beginning of thought. This is a tool that facilitates ideas and collaborative in nature. With the use of Web 2.0 technology this concept has evolved into an ideal 21st Century Technology for education. Following are twenty of my favorite resources for brainstorming/mindmapping.
- BigMind Pro - A fantastic iPad app for creating mind maps that includes text, images, notes, and more.
- Brainstormer - One of my favorite iOS apps for brainstorming that generates a plot, subject, and setting, by the spin of a wheel.
- Bubbl.us - One of the most popular sites around for easily being able to create brainstorms or mind maps.
- Conjo Whiteboard - A robust iPad app that allows users to create images, drawing, mind maps, brain storms, and more with an abundance of tools/templates.
- Diagrammr - Create diagrams by typing sentences no registration is required, easy!!!
- Exploratree - A great visual site for creating a mind map with lots of templates.
- IdeaStorm - A free and simple to use diagramming tool that is ideal for making a quick brainstorm.
- iBrainstorm - A free iOS app (iPad/iPhone) that lets users brainstorm ideas through the use of sticky notes.
- Memofon - A great site that takes text notes and turns them into mind maps that users can edit.
- Mind42 - Nice collaborative mind mapping site with lots of templates and easy to use.
- MindMeister - Beautiful looking mind mapping site with the ability to embed into a site or blog.
- MindMup - A easy to use site for creating brainstorms or mind maps.
- Mindomo - One of my favorite brainstorming apps that also lets a user flip their classroom, collaborate, comment, and much more.
- Popplet - A excellent app that allows students to think and learn visually by brainstorming and mind mapping.
- PrimaryWall - Brainstorming for El Ed with educational portal.
- ProcessOn - A cool site for creating diagrams online through real-time collaboration.
- Slickplan - A easy to use site where a user can create beautiful flow charts and embed into a site or blog.
- Stormboard - Online brainstorming and collaboration in real-time making it easy to generate ideas and get the creative juices flowing.
- TotSplash - A fun site for creating and organizing ideas into a brainstorm or mind map.
- Webspiration - From the creators of Inspiration a very popular web based program for creating visual brainstorms that can then be turned into an outline with a click of a button.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
comments powered by
NEW YORK (March 22, 2017) – Schoology, Inc., the leader in learn...
Research-Based Intervention Program, iSPIRE TM, Recognized as a “...
BOSTON — March 21, 2017 — itslearning, an award-winning le...
DOVER, NEW HAMPSHIRE—March 21, 2017—Measured Progress, Inc...
Rochester, N.Y. (March 21, 2017) – Second Avenue Learning, a lea...
With new CREATE Packages, educators now have access to a powerful suit...
Addition of Quizlet Further Empowers Students and Teachers with Increa...
Discovery Education, the leading provider of digital content and profe...
Boston — March 20, 2107 —The Virtual High School (VHS, Inc...
Innovative Portable STEM Lab Continues To Win Acclaim As Emerging Te...