20 Tools for Brainstorming/Mind Mapping
10/17/2014 12:00:00 AM
Brainstorming/mind mapping is an educational technique that has been around since the beginning of thought. This is a tool that facilitates ideas and collaborative in nature. With the use of Web 2.0 technology this concept has evolved into an ideal 21st Century Technology for education. Following are twenty of my favorite resources for brainstorming/mindmapping.
- BigMind Pro - A fantastic iPad app for creating mind maps that includes text, images, notes, and more.
- Brainstormer - One of my favorite iOS apps for brainstorming that generates a plot, subject, and setting, by the spin of a wheel.
- Bubbl.us - One of the most popular sites around for easily being able to create brainstorms or mind maps.
- Conjo Whiteboard - A robust iPad app that allows users to create images, drawing, mind maps, brain storms, and more with an abundance of tools/templates.
- Diagrammr - Create diagrams by typing sentences no registration is required, easy!!!
- Exploratree - A great visual site for creating a mind map with lots of templates.
- IdeaStorm - A free and simple to use diagramming tool that is ideal for making a quick brainstorm.
- iBrainstorm - A free iOS app (iPad/iPhone) that lets users brainstorm ideas through the use of sticky notes.
- Memofon - A great site that takes text notes and turns them into mind maps that users can edit.
- Mind42 - Nice collaborative mind mapping site with lots of templates and easy to use.
- MindMeister - Beautiful looking mind mapping site with the ability to embed into a site or blog.
- MindMup - A easy to use site for creating brainstorms or mind maps.
- Mindomo - One of my favorite brainstorming apps that also lets a user flip their classroom, collaborate, comment, and much more.
- Popplet - A excellent app that allows students to think and learn visually by brainstorming and mind mapping.
- PrimaryWall - Brainstorming for El Ed with educational portal.
- ProcessOn - A cool site for creating diagrams online through real-time collaboration.
- Slickplan - A easy to use site where a user can create beautiful flow charts and embed into a site or blog.
- Stormboard - Online brainstorming and collaboration in real-time making it easy to generate ideas and get the creative juices flowing.
- TotSplash - A fun site for creating and organizing ideas into a brainstorm or mind map.
- Webspiration - From the creators of Inspiration a very popular web based program for creating visual brainstorms that can then be turned into an outline with a click of a button.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com
comments powered by
LUBBOCK, Texas (May 23, 2017) – CEV Multimedia, a lead...
Amended legislation opens the door for schools to use online therapy s...
Kajeet Announces Latest Results from School Bus Survey
Thousands of K-12 students in North America will enjoy more free eBook...
One-Day Workshops Shifting the Conversation between Educators, Communi...
National K-12 Publisher Mentoring Minds and Long-Time Partner, the&nbs...
Schools expand course offerings; prepare students for college and care...
DOVER, NEW HAMPSHIRE—May 22, 2017—Measured Progress, Inc. ...
NEW YORK (May 18, 2017) – Schoology, the leader in learning mana...
IO Education, a market leader in helping educators use data to improve...