Top 10 Sites for Creating a Wiki by David Kapuler
5 comment(s) so far...
May 15, 2011 By: Guest Blogger
Education wikis are among the most popular wikis. The creation of a wiki allows not only allows users to engage with 21st century technology, but also helps increase technology literacy. Following are my top ten favorite sites for creating a wiki.
- Wikispaces - One of the most popular wiki creators that is free for education. Can also be made private (password protected).
- PBworks - Very similar to Wikispaces and free for a basic account. However, there are paid accounts as well that offer features for educators, such as more space and privacy controls.
- Wetpaint - Wikis in Education by Wetpaint is a great way to create a educational wiki and join a community of over 3000 members.
- Zoho Wiki - Very affordable site for creating not only wikis, but also a complete educational portal package.
- FreedomShare - Very easy-to-use site that can create a simple wiki that can be shared with others or made private. As with most wikis, comments can be turned on or off.
- Wikia - Fun site for creating a visual wiki.
- Wikispot - Wikispot teaches you how to create a free wiki and compares the features of a good wiki is versus a bad one.
- Wiki-Site - Free site for creating a wiki built on the same engine of Wikipedia.
- Weebly - Popular website creator for education that allows for blogging and a creation of a site that can be used as a wiki.
- Google Sites - Nice free way to create a project wiki through the use of awesome Google tools.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com