Top 10 Sites for Creating Timelines by David Kapuler
9 comment(s) so far...
June 2, 2010 By: Tech Learning Blog Staff
Wikipedia defines a timeline as a kind of graphic design showing a long bar labeled with dates alongside itself and (usually) events labeled on points where they would have happened. Here are some tools educators can use to create timelines:
1. Capzles- Quite simply one of the nicest timeline creation sites around, with a beautiful user interface as well as the ability to embed into a site.
2. Time Rime - An excellent site with educational instance (great for teachers) that allows users to create multimedia timelines.
3. xTimeline - Share wonderful looking timelines with audio, video, and pictures. Very user friendly too.
4. TimeGlider - Great site that not only lets users create multimedia timelines butlegends as well. There is a "plus upgrade" in the works specificallyfor education.
5. Dipity - Create beautiful timelines with the ability to add video/pictures.
6. Time Toast - A bullet point centered timeline w/ text and pictures.
7. Preceden - A fun easy site to use to create interactive timelines.
8. Timelinr - A very simple to use timeline generator that only displays text.
9. Our Timelines - Create timelines by using preexisting forms (text only).
10. Read Write Think - Very similar to Our Timelines for creating text only timelines.
Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of
experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about
his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.