Scrapple: Easy-to-Use, Low-Cost Mind-Mapping Tool for Writers
0 comment(s) so far...
May 1, 2014 By: J. Robinson
Scrapple is an easy-to-use software tool that allows users to get ideas down quickly, then generate connections between those ideas quickly. It is one of the most easy-to-use and versatile mapping tools available, and it is currently available for both the Mac and Windows versions, as a trial version, and you can purchase the software for $14.99 for the regular version. Literature Latte, the company that also provides the writer software Scrivener, also has an education version available for $12.00. Some of the software's most interesting features include:
- Ability to insert notes anywhere on the virtual page.
- Connect notes by simply using the drag-and-drop method.
- Create completely freeform notes.
- Stack notes in columns for organizational purposes.
- If you have the Scrivener software, you can drag your notes directly into that software.
- Customize the appearance of your notes with fonts, colors and choice of border styles.
cross posted at the21stcenturyprincipal.blogspot.com
J. Robinson has decades of experience as a K12 Principal, Teacher, and Technology Advocate. Read more at The 21st Century Principal.