9/5/2012 12:00:00 AM
A recent survey of youth ages 8-17 conducted by Microsoft unveiled some
interesting conclusions regarding online bullying:
• 58% say they know a lot or some about online bullying
• 54% are very or somewhat worried about online bullying
• 86% report being bullied online and/or offline although most bullying is
• 24% admit to bullying someone else online
• 42% admit to bullying someone else offline
Those surveyed were twice as likely (63% vs. 37%) to be bullied online if they
bully someone else online
Those surveyed were more likely (46% vs. 29%) to be bullied online if they
spend more than 10 hours per week on the Internet
SOURCE: Prepared by Cross -Tab Marketing Services & Telecommunications Research Group for
Microsoft Corporation .
Want to read more stories like this?
comments powered by