Product Review: Acer C7-10 Chromebook
11/16/2013 6:00:00 PM
The Chromebook has quickly moved into prominent discussions among educators as a flexible Internet-based device in classrooms. Whether you are using the system as a cart or taking advantage of 10-second start-up times or optimizing it as a low-cost 1:1 device for utilizing Google Apps, the Chromebook is now a computer that schools must consider. Over the past year, several manufacturers have come into the marketplace, including Samsung, Acer, Lenovo, and HP. Since Chromebook’s operating system is the same across all of these platforms, we thought it would be interesting to take each model for a test drive and look at what makes them unique. Today we look at the HP 14-c010us Chromebook. Next up - the Chromebox.
The Acer C7-10 Chromebook provides the best screen of the 11.6 models. The short battery life could be extend with a larger external battery, but that would add weight to a device that is already a little heavy for its size. Unfortunately, the keyboard is terrible - not responsive and clicks audibly while typing. Overall, the look is slick and adds to the coolness factor.
- Cost: 229.99
- Battery: external, 3 hours life
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Weight Comparison to iPad: 2.08
- Size: 11.2" X 8.0" X 1.1"
- Processor: Intel® Celeron® 847 processor (1.1GHz)
- RAM: 4GB
- Keyboard: Full keyboard with function key and caps lock. Keys are "clicky" and not as smooth when pressing.
- Touchpad: 3.6" x 2.0"; zero button
- Screen: 11.6" LED 1366x768 - bright
- Ports: USB 2.0 (3), Lock, SD, Ethernet, VGA, HDMI
- Memory Card: 2 in 1
- Power Adapter: Full traditional Acer
- Storage: 16GB Flash
- Durability: Traditional power cord. Not a very thick backing behind screen, but resists any flexing.
- Speakers: Quality stereo sound
- Coolness Factor (Would a kid want to carry this around?): 4
Want to read more stories like this?
comments powered by
NEW YORK (March 22, 2017) – Schoology, Inc., the leader in learn...
Research-Based Intervention Program, iSPIRE TM, Recognized as a “...
BOSTON — March 21, 2017 — itslearning, an award-winning le...
DOVER, NEW HAMPSHIRE—March 21, 2017—Measured Progress, Inc...
Rochester, N.Y. (March 21, 2017) – Second Avenue Learning, a lea...
With new CREATE Packages, educators now have access to a powerful suit...
Addition of Quizlet Further Empowers Students and Teachers with Increa...
Discovery Education, the leading provider of digital content and profe...
Boston — March 20, 2107 —The Virtual High School (VHS, Inc...
Innovative Portable STEM Lab Continues To Win Acclaim As Emerging Te...