Product Review: Acer C7-10 Chromebook
11/16/2013 6:00:00 PM
The Chromebook has quickly moved into prominent discussions among educators as a flexible Internet-based device in classrooms. Whether you are using the system as a cart or taking advantage of 10-second start-up times or optimizing it as a low-cost 1:1 device for utilizing Google Apps, the Chromebook is now a computer that schools must consider. Over the past year, several manufacturers have come into the marketplace, including Samsung, Acer, Lenovo, and HP. Since Chromebook’s operating system is the same across all of these platforms, we thought it would be interesting to take each model for a test drive and look at what makes them unique. Today we look at the HP 14-c010us Chromebook. Next up - the Chromebox.
The Acer C7-10 Chromebook provides the best screen of the 11.6 models. The short battery life could be extend with a larger external battery, but that would add weight to a device that is already a little heavy for its size. Unfortunately, the keyboard is terrible - not responsive and clicks audibly while typing. Overall, the look is slick and adds to the coolness factor.
- Cost: 229.99
- Battery: external, 3 hours life
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Weight Comparison to iPad: 2.08
- Size: 11.2" X 8.0" X 1.1"
- Processor: Intel® Celeron® 847 processor (1.1GHz)
- RAM: 4GB
- Keyboard: Full keyboard with function key and caps lock. Keys are "clicky" and not as smooth when pressing.
- Touchpad: 3.6" x 2.0"; zero button
- Screen: 11.6" LED 1366x768 - bright
- Ports: USB 2.0 (3), Lock, SD, Ethernet, VGA, HDMI
- Memory Card: 2 in 1
- Power Adapter: Full traditional Acer
- Storage: 16GB Flash
- Durability: Traditional power cord. Not a very thick backing behind screen, but resists any flexing.
- Speakers: Quality stereo sound
- Coolness Factor (Would a kid want to carry this around?): 4
Want to read more stories like this?
comments powered by
DOVER, N.H.—April 26, 2017—The Maryland State Department o...
Raleigh, N.C. (April 25, 2017) – &...
ATLANTA – April 24, 2017 – IO Education, a market leader i...
Bringing together academic, attendance, school climate, and social-emo...
Designed for the “at-promise” student who needs to earn cr...
Iowa’s Cardinal Community School District (CCSD) today...
The personalized literacy solution was selected as a 2017 REVERE Award...
Kensington’s MicroSaver 2.0 Master Keyed Lock Helps Simplify Acc...
NEW YORK (April 19, 2017) - Education technology is accelerating how w...
The reporting and management tools are helping to streamline the distr...