Product Review: Acer C7-10 Chromebook
11/16/2013 6:00:00 PM
The Chromebook has quickly moved into prominent discussions among educators as a flexible Internet-based device in classrooms. Whether you are using the system as a cart or taking advantage of 10-second start-up times or optimizing it as a low-cost 1:1 device for utilizing Google Apps, the Chromebook is now a computer that schools must consider. Over the past year, several manufacturers have come into the marketplace, including Samsung, Acer, Lenovo, and HP. Since Chromebook’s operating system is the same across all of these platforms, we thought it would be interesting to take each model for a test drive and look at what makes them unique. Today we look at the HP 14-c010us Chromebook. Next up - the Chromebox.
The Acer C7-10 Chromebook provides the best screen of the 11.6 models. The short battery life could be extend with a larger external battery, but that would add weight to a device that is already a little heavy for its size. Unfortunately, the keyboard is terrible - not responsive and clicks audibly while typing. Overall, the look is slick and adds to the coolness factor.
- Cost: 229.99
- Battery: external, 3 hours life
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Weight Comparison to iPad: 2.08
- Size: 11.2" X 8.0" X 1.1"
- Processor: Intel® Celeron® 847 processor (1.1GHz)
- RAM: 4GB
- Keyboard: Full keyboard with function key and caps lock. Keys are "clicky" and not as smooth when pressing.
- Touchpad: 3.6" x 2.0"; zero button
- Screen: 11.6" LED 1366x768 - bright
- Ports: USB 2.0 (3), Lock, SD, Ethernet, VGA, HDMI
- Memory Card: 2 in 1
- Power Adapter: Full traditional Acer
- Storage: 16GB Flash
- Durability: Traditional power cord. Not a very thick backing behind screen, but resists any flexing.
- Speakers: Quality stereo sound
- Coolness Factor (Would a kid want to carry this around?): 4
Want to read more stories like this?
comments powered by
MADISON, Wis. (Aug. 17, 2017) – To help refresh their digital le...
Boston — Aug. 17, 2017 — The National Education Associatio...
Silicon Valley-based Mixed Reality for Education Provider Ranks #305, ...
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (Aug. 17, 2017) – Renaissance®,...
For the 3rd time, Curriculum Associates appears on the Inc. 5000 list ...
Grants will help schools implement or consolidate classroom management...
Part of the Performance Matters Professional Development solution, the...
Webinar hosted by Aperture Education Aug. 29, 2017 offers insight into...
BOSTON (August 9, 2017) – Educators and policymakers are becomin...
Texas’ Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD) today a...