Encourage Involvement for Nearly Effortless PD
1/3/2011 7:00:00 AM
One of the easiest ways for teachers to gain professional development is to encourage their involvement in professional activities. Activities that may lead to increased knowledge include:
* Involvement in grant writing
* Training in technology use
* Greater access to technology for own use
* Collaboration with outside researchers
* Increased role in school decision making
* Collaboration with software developers
Such activities are important not just because of what teachers learn and how they can impact student success, but also because of their effects on teachers' self-esteem and morale.
P.D. Tips courtesy of Atomic Learning
Want to read more stories like this?
comments powered by