Leading Education Industry Event May 12-14 in San Francisco to Feature Cutting-edge Teaching and Learning Strategies in a Post-PC World
WASHINGTON, D.C. (February 20, 2014) – The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, today announced it is accepting speaker applications for the Education Industry Summit, to be held May 12-14 at San Francisco’s Palace Hotel. Articulate and experienced executives and leaders from education firms, education institutions, platform companies, and those on the cutting edge of education are invited to apply.
The theme of this year’s Education Industry Summit is “Meet @ The Cutting Edge.” Speakers are invited to present in:
- Interactive Labs where attendees can learn how 3D printers work and are being used in the classroom
- Lightning Rounds with fast-paced information about new learning games and global partnerships
- Pitch Fests where companies share successful business plans, marketing strategies, and five-minute pitches
- Roundtable Discussions to delve into hot topics with industry colleagues
- Panel Sessions to dig into a topic more thoroughly with an appreciative audience
“The goal of this event is to showcase what education companies can do to help build the infrastructure, products and services to support the changes that schools want and need,” said Karen Billings, vice president of the SIIA Education Division. “The Education Industry Summit is a vehicle for established companies and emerging innovators to learn successful strategies and tactics on what’s coming next in the teaching and learning process in a mobile-rich classroom.”
Executives interested in presenting at the conference may apply online at http://siia.net/eis/2014/c4s/.
Members of the media are invited to attend. For more information, or to register for the conference, contact Laura Greenback at 202.789.4461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO: Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
WHAT: Education Industry Summit
WHEN: May 12-14, 2014
WHERE: The Palace Hotel, San Francisco
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection to more than 800 leading software and information companies. The SIIA Education Division serves and represents more than 200 member companies that provide software, digital content and other technologies that address educational needs. The Division shapes and supports the industry by providing leadership, advocacy, business development opportunities and critical market information. For more information, visit www.siia.net/education.
• Laura Greenback, SIIA Communications, 202-789-4461, email@example.com
• Saul Hafenbredl, C. Blohm & Associates, 608-216-7300 x25, firstname.lastname@example.org