NEW YORK (June 25, 2013) – As schools move more of their instruction and communication tools online, information is pouring in from every possible avenue – emails, texts, calendar alerts and more. Educators, students and parents must then navigate the flood of data, often from several locations and mobile devices. eChalk, a pioneer of school communication and learning management software, has launched its new Personal Dashboard to help users safely and securely manage the constant flow of information.
“It’s a digital jungle out there. But the Personal Dashboard streamlines processes, so teachers and students spend less time searching and more time teaching and learning,” said eChalk Chief Product Officer Torrance Robinson. “Given the anytime, anywhere nature of learning today, students, teachers and parents need to interact with learning on their laptops, tablets and, especially, phones.”
Through the eChalk Personal Dashboard, users can interact with and prioritize their information through a drag-and-drop interface featuring customizable, movable tiles. The new management tool saves users time by reducing “information sprawl,” enabling single-click access to the content they rely on most and leveraging eChalk’s Mosaic™ technology to deliver personalized communication and content.
eChalk will roll out the Personal Dashboard to schools and districts throughout the summer with the following tiles, each of which are automatically personalized to the user:
- Announcements: View important school, district, class and group updates.
- Upcoming Events: Monitor important calendars to keep up with team sporting events and classroom assignments, as well as school- and district-wide events.
- Homework Drop Box Status: Track the status of homework assignments. Parents and students can easily determine what’s due across all classes, and teachers can quickly see if any students are having trouble keeping up with their homework submissions.
- Activity Feed: Stay current on important notifications from blogs, discussion posts and homework questions from student homework drop boxes.
- Resources: Highlight favorite resources to get quick access to classroom study guides, worksheets, practice schedules and more.
- Members: Create directories that include colleagues, teachers and friends to enable quick emailing and easy access to their profile pages.
“The Personal Dashboard enables each individual to organize content in the way that’s most meaningful and efficient to him or her – it’s completely unique to the user,” said Robinson. “Students, teachers and parents now have one central place for communication and instruction, and all users have simple access to the vital information they need daily.”
eChalk software is the preferred open platform among K-12 schools to manage communication and instruction. The company's patented software enables K-12 schools and districts to increase community engagement and improve student outcomes while saving time and streamlining technology systems. eChalk products safely connect more than 1 million school leaders, teachers, students and parents to the people and information they need to make learning successful. eChalk is headquartered in New York with regional offices throughout the country to provide customers with personalized tech support and hands-on training, consistently earning the company the highest customer satisfaction and renewal rates in the education industry. Visit echalk.com to learn more.
• Saul Hafenbredl, C. Blohm & Associates, 608-216-7300 x25, email@example.com