CrossTec Corporation, developer and provider of software management solutions, announces the release of EMS v3.0 asset management software, which offers education IT admins enhanced monitoring and reporting capabilities to reduce waste and redundancy.
CrossTec EMS v3.0 includes the following new features:
* Remote Office Management, via the new Communication Gateway, which locates and securely connects to clients on remote networks via the Internet. Administrators can monitor and manage on multiple remote locations from a central location.
* The Energy Monitor tracks all powered-on systems across the enterprise, highlighting their energy consumption and associated costs. Working day hours can be defined making it easy to identify out-of-hours wastage.
* Active Directory Integration. Full Active Directory Integration is provided in EMS v3.0 and the tree view can now mirror your Active Directory structure. Support has been provided to enable membership of AD groups to control logon/access rights to the EMS Console.
* Console Roles. Access rights for Console Operators are now controlled by defined profiles or "Roles." Once created the Role can be assigned to multiple operators. Roles can be linked to a Windows Group and are relevant when Active Directory is being used.
* Change PC Owner. When EMS connects to a Client PC for the first time it will automatically "bind" the logged on user as the PC Owner. A new "Bind Users" dialog allows you to manually change the PC Owner details if this is not the permanent "owner."
Free 30-day evaluations can be downloaded at http://www.crosstecsoftware.com/tryit.html, or call (800) 675-0729 to speak with an account manager.