NEW YORK – March 20, 2012– For the third year in a row, Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, tops the prestigious Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE Awards, with 11 finalists. The company’s finalist solutions span preK-20 education and leverage the power of digital and mobile technologies to transform education, personalize learning and ensure that all students are prepared for success in college and careers.
Established in 1986, the CODiE Awards celebrate outstanding achievement across the software, digital information and education technology industries. This year, nominated ed-tech products underwent an intensive review by educator judges from around the world.
Pearson’s 2012 CODiE finalists represent the “best of the best” in the application of digital technologies to personalize learning and inform instruction, such as online curriculum and test-prep programs, mobile Apps and robust systems for managing information and data.
- CourseConnect - Best Educational Use of a Mobile Device
Best Postsecondary Instructional Solution
- GED® Test Prep Online - Best Student Assessment Solution
- MyFoundationsLab - Best Postsecondary Instructional Solution
- MyPsychLab - Best Social Sciences Instructional Solution
- Pearson LearningStudio - Best Postsecondary Course or Learning Management System
- PowerSchool - Best K-12 Enterprise Solution
- PowerTeacher Mobile for the iPad - Best Educational Use of a Mobile Device
- Prentice Hall Writing Coach - Best Reading/English Instructional Solution
- Trigsted MyMathLab Texts - Best Mathematics Instructional Solution
- WriteToLearn 7.0 - Best Student Assessment Solution
Pearson’s finalists will now be voted on by the entire SIIA membership to determine the winners in each category. The 2012 CODiE Award winners will be announced at the 2012 Ed Tech Industry Summit in San Francisco on May 7.
Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, has as its mission to work side by side with states, districts, teachers, students and parents to ensure that every child is prepared for college and career (NYSE: PSO). For more information, go to http://www.pearsoned.com.