New York, NY, January 4, 2017—Infobase, the award-winning provider of digital reference content to the school and library community, announces the official relaunch of World Religions Online, its unbiased, comprehensive guide to the world’s religions and spiritual traditions. The World Religions Online database now brings its extensive range of content front and center for a richer research experience—adding a wealth of new material, a more intuitive interface, and exciting new features.
Some highlights of the relaunch:
- A fresh new design that makes it easier to interact with the content in an efficient and meaningful way
- A wealth of new content, including expanded coverage of new religious movements, ancient religions/mythology, and faith in America
- Four new Topic Centers on New Religious Movements, Baha’i Faith, Sikhism, and Zoroastrianism, bringing the total count to 15
- Hundreds of new primary source documents
- Sacred Texts: a new eBook shelf containing 100 complete sacred texts from the world’s major religions
- Sacred Music: audio and video clips of sacred music, allowing users to explore a key part of many religious observances
- New “Religion in the News” section, with regularly updated, searchable news articles from WorldWide Religious News®
- New slideshows featuring full-color photographs, offering fascinating visual introductions to key topics and themes
- New "Contributors" tab on the Sources page, showcasing prominent content contributors
- Timelines and proprietary, original maps
- Search byCommon Core, national, state, provincial, IB Organization, and College Board AP standards to find correlating articles
- Share to Google Classroom,Google Sign-In, and Save to Google Drive
- Tag “clouds” for all content, linking to related material
- New Curriculum Tools section with usage and research tips for students and educators
- Dynamic citations in MLA8, Chicago, and Harvard formats, with EasyBib export functionality
The relaunch builds on World Religions Online's core strengths as a teaching and research tool. The content is written by academics, in an objective manner, and covers all major living religions, allowing easy comparisons between each. Its appeal lies beyond religion classes—a substantial amount of history is covered in the database, from the history of the religions to the historical context in which they developed. In addition, World Religions Online is cross-searchable with any Infobase history databases on a user's subscription. The critically acclaimed World Religions Online has been the recipient of The ComputED Gazette's Best Educational Software Awards (BESSIES) and Library Journal's Best Databases.
For reviewer access to World Religions Online, please contact Laurie Katz at 212-896-4269 or LKatz@Infobase.com. We ask that you not publish any pricing information about our databases without first confirming it with us. Thank you for your consideration.
Infobase is an educational solutions company providing award-winning digital reference content to the school and library community. Under such well-known brands as Facts On File, TheWorld Almanac®, Learn360, and Films Media Group, Infobase provides students, educators, and librarians with a broad range of products that both enhance and enrich the learning experience. For 76 years, Infobase has been a reliable, authoritative resource for supporting the middle school, high school, and academic curriculum, providing flexible options for accessing educational content whether in school, at the library, or at home.