APRIL 11, 2017 - YOUNGSTOWN, OH - Turning Technologies, the global leader for learning engagement and assessment solutions, today unveiled the winners of its Classroom Improvement Technology Grant. The national competition awarded ten teachers with a complete educational technology kit featuring interactive polling software, assessment software and student response systems. A panel of distinguished educators and edtech experts reviewed each entry and selected recipients based on how they would incorporate technology in the classroom to promote effective instruction and increase student achievement.
Classroom Improvement Technology Grant Recipients:
Linda Anderson - Grandview High School - Aurora, Colorado
Ethan Bobo – Winslow Township High School – Atco, New Jersey
Kristina Caldwell – Effingham County Middle School – Guyton, Georgia
Vicki Feldker – Holy Trinity Catholic School – Fairview Heights, Illinois
Elizabeth Labbart – Reynolds Middle School – Prosper, Texas
Andrew Long – Reynolds High School – Troutdale, Oregon
Renee McClanahan – Community Christian Academy – Independence, Kentucky
Keith Morris – Owen J. Roberts High School – Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Kenneth Vallier – Marionneaux Elementary School – Buckeye, Arizona
Sherrie Zook – Bartow High School – Bartow, Florida
“Our recipients expressed a dire need and demonstrated a unique way of utilizing technology to benefit students in the classroom,” stated John Wilson, Director of the Turning Foundation. “It’s inspiring to be a part of a special grant in which you help teachers’ dreams become a reality.”
Each winning classroom receives a package of advanced edtech tools courtesy of Turning Technologies valued at more than $3,330.
- TurningPoint – Polling software integrated with Microsoft PowerPoint® to create and deliver interactive lessons that provide real-time data.
- 32 Seat QT Kit – Student response clickers featuring a full QWERTY keypad allowing learners to answer all question types.
- ExamView – Test generation software to create assignments, launch assessment questions and collect real-time responses.
- ExamView Premium – Online testing capabilities to deliver ExamView assessments using web-enabled devices.
- PresenterCard – Presentation tool to facilitate TurningPoint lessons from anywhere in the classroom without being tied to a computer.
About Turning Technologies:
Turning Technologies is the global leader for learning engagement and assessment solutions. Founded in 2002 in Youngstown, OH, Turning Technologies began with the development of response technology that was affordable and user-friendly. Today, over 20 million Turning Technologies response devices have been delivered to K-12 schools, universities and businesses worldwide. Information on Turning Technologies can be found at www.TurningTechnologies.com. Follow @TurningTech.