DALLAS — June 29, 2017 — Voyager Sopris Learning® has finalized the presenter lineup—headed by leading experts in literacy education—for its online 2017 Literacy Symposium, scheduled from 10 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. on consecutive Mondays, July 10 and July 17. This premier professional development online symposium will provide attendees an opportunity to explore deeply the relationships among language, reading, and writing, while connecting theory to practice.
Pricing for this year’s event is $139 per attendee. Attendees can either join the sessions in real time and interact with the presenters and other participants, orthey can access the recordings anytimeover the next year. The cost of registration includes a full year of access to the session recordings from the date of the event.
This year's presenter lineup includes the following experts:
- Andrew Biemiller, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Jackman Institute of Child Study, University of Toronto
- Kate Cain, D.Phil., Professor of Psychology, Lancaster University (United Kingdom)
- Hugh Catts, Ph.D., Professor and Director, School of Communication Science and Disorders, Florida State University
- Nicole Conrad, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Saint Mary’s University (Canada)
- Lucy Hart-Paulson, Ed.D., an early childhood literacy expert who also is Associate Professor Communicative Sciences and Disorders, University of Montana
- Louisa Moats, Ed.D., nationally recognized authority on literacy education and renowned author, researcher, speaker, consultant, and trainer
- Mark Seidenberg, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- David Share, Ph.D., Professor of Learning Disabilities, University of Haifa (Israel)
- Mark Shinn, Ph.D., Professor of School Psychology, National Louis University
- Louise Spear-Swerling, Ph.D., Professor of Special Education, Southern Connecticut State University
- Carol Tolman, Ed.D., Co-author of Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling (LETRS)
- Julie Washington, Ph.D., Professor of Educational Psychology, Special Education, and Communication Disorders, Georgia State University
To register for the Literacy Symposium, visit www.voyagersopris.com/services/literacy-symposium.
For more information on Voyager Sopris Learning, visit www.voyagersopris.com.
About Voyager Sopris Learning
Voyager Sopris Learning® is an education partner committed to unlocking the full potential of every teacher and every student. We believe that the best way to meet and exceed standards in education is to address the underlying systems of teaching and learning, and to nurture those systems at their most fundamental levels. Our programs and services are based on research and classroom evidence, ensuring they are easy to implement, teacher friendly and effective. We offer a variety of digital and blended instructional tools, programs, and professional development, all of which are designed to help every teacher deliver nothing short of the highest-quality instruction to every student. Voyager Sopris Learning is a business unit of Cambium Learning® Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ABCD), based in Dallas, Texas.
About Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Cambium Learning® Group is a leading educational solutions and services company committed to helping all students reach their full potential. Cambium Learning accomplishes this goal by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company’s award-winning brands include: Learning A-Z® (www.learninga-z.com), ExploreLearning® (www.explorelearning.com), Kurzweil Education® (www.kurzweiledu.com), and Voyager Sopris Learning® (www.voyagersopris.com), which, together, provide breakthrough technology solutions for students and teachers—including best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional programs; gold-standard professional development; valid and reliable assessments; and products that enable access to learning for all students. Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ABCD), is based in Dallas, Texas. For more information, visit www.cambiumlearning.com.
Voyager Sopris Learning, Inc.
Ileana Rowe, Senior Vice President of Marketing
Thompson Drake Public Relations
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Barbara Benson, Chief Financial Officer