Board Provides Leadership, Advocacy and Market Information for SIIA Members, Ed Tech Industry
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Nov. 7, 2012) – The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, announced new members of its Education Division Board of Directors. These newly elected and appointed executives from SIIA member companies represent a broad spectrum of corporate interests, and their visionary leadership will help guide the education technology industry during this time of seismic change.
As board members, these individuals represent more than 190 SIIA Education Division member firms that provide software, digital content and other technologies for educational needs. The new board members will help to develop the Division’s initiatives and determine the projects, activities and events to be undertaken by the board.
“This board represents some of the education technology industry’s leading thinkers, voices, and advocates,” said Karen Billings, SIIA Education Division vice president. “SIIA welcomes the new board members, and we value the opportunity to work collectively on advancing the industry’s interests.”
Eight executives were elected to serve two-year terms, while five representatives have been appointed to serve one-year terms.
Newly elected board members serving two-year terms:
- Susan Adelmann, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, Follett School and Library Group
- Katie Blot, President, Education Services, Blackboard Inc.
- Diana Gowen, Alliance Manager, Intel
- Mimi Jett, Vice President, Business Development, Avant Assessment
- Andy Ross, Vice President, FLVS Global Division, Florida Virtual School
- Mitch Weisburgh, Managing Partner, Academic Business Advisors, LLC
- Bruce Wilcox, Vice President of Carolina Science Online, Carolina Biological Supply Co
- Cathy Zier, Vice President of Content, Channel & Alliances, Promethean
Board members appointed to one-year terms:
- Christopher Lohse, Vice President, Strategic Affairs, Pearson
- Andrew Matorin, Director, Corp Strategy and Bus Dev, Scholastic Inc.
- J Rollins, Senior Vice President, Solution Strategy, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Susan Silveira, Senior Manager, Business Development, Qualcomm Wireless Reach
- David Stevenson, Vice President, Government Relations, Wireless Generation
Board members serving one more year of their elected two-year terms:
- Lisa Barnett, Chief Operating Officer, Atomic Learning, Inc.
- John Bower, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, uBoost
- Adam Hall, Independent
- Robert Iskander, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, EduTone
- Vineet Madan, Senior Vice President, New Ventures and Strategic Services, McGraw-Hill Education
- David Samuelson, Chief Marketing Office, Achieve3000
- Jessie Woolley-Wilson, President and Chief Executive Officer, DreamBox Learning, Inc.
- Johann Zimmern, Marketing Manager, WW K12 Education, Adobe Systems
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education, and intellectual property protection to more than 500 leading software and information companies. The SIIA Education Division serves and represents more than 200 member companies that provide software, digital content and other technologies that address educational needs. The Division shapes and supports the industry by providing leadership, advocacy, business development opportunities and critical market information. For more information, visit www.siia.net/education.