I took math in school, but never learned math and I still have nightmares about algebra. Despite my distaste for the subject, there are some resources that I like. Here they are.
My top five fav math resources
1) Chat with others about math on Twitter with the tag #mathchat http://t.co/wUiAJcY - I have had some lively debates doing this.
2) Lots of free and pretty good quality games with MangaHigh.com http://t.co/zfR6igO
3) This self-proclaimed "mathmusician" has a passion for math and helps others learn with passionate and witty delivery http://t.co/qVADJMc
4) Would kids rather learn math from a boring adult like Sal Kahn or other kids? If your answer is the latter, check out these "Mathcast" videos made by kids for kids at http://t.co/TSZe33x
5) I think this is my favorite math resource. Mathalicious teaches math using real world examples. Cool beans. That is what I needed if I were to learn math in school. Read all about it at http://t.co/GhhGD1s
Those are my fav five. If you want more ideas, visit http://t.co/GUoDQ9K.
Cross posted at The Innovative Educator blog theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.com.
Lisa Nielsen is best known as creator of The Innovative Educator blog (http://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.com) and Transforming Education for the 21st Century (http://ted21c.ning.com) learning network. Lisa is an outspoken and passionate advocate of innovative education. She is frequently covered by local and national media for her views on "Thinking Outside the Ban" and determining ways to harness the power of technology for instruction and providing a voice to educators and students. Based in New York City, Ms. Nielsen has worked for more than a decade in various capacities helping schools and districts to educate in innovative ways that will prepare students for 21st century success. Her first book, Teaching Generation Text, is set for a fall 2011 release. You can follow her on Twitter @InnovativeEdu.
Disclaimer: The information shared here is strictly that of the author and does not reflect the opinions or endorsement of her employer.