The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) today released new standards for education leaders that highlight key areas of impact.
The standards are focused on some of the most timely, yet enduring, topics in education today — equity, digital citizenship, team and systems building, continuous improvement and professional growth.
[What’s New: New Tools for Schools]
The characteristics of effective leaders outlined in the ISTE Standards for Education Leaders are:
- Equity and Citizenship Advocate: Leaders use technology to increase equity, inclusion and digital citizenship practices.
- Visionary Planner: Leaders engage others in establishing a vision, strategic plan and ongoing evaluation cycle for transforming learning with technology.
- Empowering Leader: Leaders create a culture where teachers and learners are empowered to use technology in innovative ways to enrich teaching and learning.
- System Designer: Leaders build teams and systems to implement, sustain and continually improve the use of technology to support learning.
- Connected Learner: Leaders model and promote continuous professional learning for themselves and others.
To view the new ISTE Standards for Education Leaders visit: www.iste.org/standards/for-education-leaders.