Today,PBS LearningMedia announced the 100 educators selected for the 2014 PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators program. The program rewards tech-savvy K-12 educators who are incorporating digital media in classrooms through year-long hands-on and virtual professional development opportunities.
The 2014 PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators will receive year-long professional development opportunities that include virtual trainings, access to premium and exclusive resources, and invitations to special events. In addition, the top 16 applicants will receive an all-expense paid trip to Washington, DC, to participate in a two-day digital education summit.
The 2014 Lead PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators are listed below. The full list of PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators is available at http://www.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/digitalinnovators.
- Steve Beard – Thomas Edison High School, Portland, OR (Oregon Public Broadcasting)
- Stephanie Berry – Basic High School, Henderson, NV (Vegas PBS)
- Leslie Ceballos – Carolyn Bukhair Elementary, Dallas, TX (KERA)
- Alice Chen – Suzanne Middle School, Walnut, CA (PBS SoCal)
- Robert Culp – Joliet Public School District 86, Joliet, IL (WTTW)
- Ryan Devlin – Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School, Brockway, PA (WPSU)
- Scott Frizzell – Harding Academy of Memphis, Memphis, TN (WKNO)
- Susan Gauthier – Sherwood Middle Academic Magnet School, Baton Rouge, LA (LPB)
- Don Goble – Ladue Horton Watkins High School, Saint Louis, MO (Nine Network of Public Media)
- Mig Hayes – Carolina Friends School, Durham, NC (UNC-TV)
- Julie Hildebrand – Patton Elementary School, Austin, TX (KLRU)
- Kimberly Lynch – Francis Wyman School, Burlington, MA (WGBH)
- Lesley McClendon – Shiloh Middle School, Atlanta, GA (Georgia Public Broadcasting)
- Philip McIntosh – Challenger Middle School, Colorado Springs, CO (Rocky Mountain PBS)
- Morgan Nickolai – Sidney High School, Sidney, OH (ThinkTV)
- Holly Whitt – Walnut Grove Elementary, New Market, AL (Alabama Public Television)