SRA Open Court Reading now offers digital delivery, enhanced professional development options for teachers, and international availability.
Students first acquire foundational skills through phonics instruction, and then learn to read with comprehension, including re-reading challenging sections for a deeper inquiry.
SRA FLEX Literacy is a flexible, data-driven intensive ELA intervention program, designed for students in grades three and above who are reading below their grade level by two or more years.
With the upgraded version, instructors can:
- Access progress reporting on a student, classroom and school level, including information about when a student is ready to join on-level classroom reading
- Track student progress toward mastery of the Common Core and state standards
- Help students build stronger foundational skills to decode and encode words
- Incorporate a stronger writing component into lesson plans
- Gain tips and mini-lessons for English learners
- Offer three new projects plus a capstone, where students choose their own subject for a culminating end-of-year project