Discovery Education today debuted the newest addition to its family of digital services. STEM Connect is a web-based supplemental K-8 resource that allows educators to create engaging STEM lessons to strengthen students’ critical thinking skills.
STEM Connect is built on a 4Cs STEM skills framework that aims to help students develop the creative, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration skills needed for success beyond graduation.
- Real-World Challenges – Inspired by the National Academy of Engineering’s Grand Challenges for Engineering and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Career Connections – STEM Connect provides students with opportunities to learn about diverse STEM careers in context
- Content Connection Activities - From math and literacy to the arts and health, the Content Connection activities ask students to apply appropriate grade-level skills
- Hands-On Activities – STEM Connect offers a variety of hands-on activities
- Global STEM Solution Seekers – In select units, students connect via GlobalLab, a global student laboratory, to share data and collaborate with others around the world.
In addition to STEM Connect, Discovery Education offers a variety of professional development services and digital resources to school systems that provide additional support in building vibrant cultures of STEM teaching and learning.
For more information, visit www.discoveryeducation.com.